Tired of tailoring meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my home the chef rules,.... with some flexibility. If it's something unusual I like I'll make that a side, and visa versa.
But never two meals.

AMEN! and I don't think that's unreasonable. too many home cooks treat their kitchens like restaurants, and they're simply not. You (or designated cook) make dinner. Not 15 different choices or varieties of the same dish. You don't like it, fix something else yourself or get out the pb and J!

The only times we got to choose the menu growing up was our birthdays, or when we got all "A;s" on our report cards. Otherwise it was up to "ChefMom!" ;)

As for his teeth, he'd better get those fixed. My grandfather died from heart disease brought on by poor oral hygiene. My dentist told me that is a far more common occurrence than one would ever guess.

Never two meals.

The DW is kind of picky about doneness. She likes only well done meat and veggies and I like the total opposite, so that's kind of a PITA. Now, I just cook it the way I like it, and let her finish her's off in a pan. LOL

When someone is cooking for me I eat it. No if's, and's or but's.

As for his teeth, he'd better get those fixed. My grandfather died from heart disease brought on by poor oral hygiene. My dentist told me that is a far more common occurrence than one would ever guess.
I am sorry to hear that ChefJune!

Yes oral hygiene plays a large role in heart health. The plaque on your teeth becomes the plaque in your arteries.

1 - Yup! get the teeth fixed. Proper dental care can extend your life by 10 years. It can also kill you through neglect.

2) I cook one meal, I do take requests, as SQ says, I don't often get them. I try to make food that everyone will eat, I don't loose sleep if they did not speak up and weren't happy.

3) For company, I cook to please the guests, that included seasoning in ways that I might not normally do so they will be pleased. I am old fassion, a guest in my house deserves the best that I can offer in all ways.

4) Jeeks - I too have a DW who differes from me in doneness, I just takke mine off sooner. Over time she is migrating to my tastes to doneness and saying the food tastes better that way (Something about a steak that does not need a chainsaw to cut has to be better).

Best 2 all - AC

P. S. The babyfood is a nice touch - or else just throw dinner in the blender set it on liquify and say "There Y' go"!

Last edited:
This has been a fascinating thread. I'm surprised at the number of people who "accommodate" family members with tailor-made meals.

Like some have stated, I grew up with the "you'll eat what's served" family plan. Never really had any issues with what was on the table. Although, my youngest sister was the queen of "I won't eat that" and spent many a night at the table with her plate of cold food, long after the rest of us were off doing other things.

Our children had few dislikes. Not enough to design our menus around. I think some of their readiness to eat what was put before them had to do with the fact that I made their baby food from what we ate rather than purchase commercially-produced baby food. From the beginning, they ate what we ate, sans some of the seasonings until they were old enough to handle some spices, etc.

Buck...well, he'll eat almost anything I put in front of him. Yes, he has is dislikes, which are few, and it's easy to cook around them. I'm definitely blessed.

It makes me crazy thinking about creating a buffet for every meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom