Tomatoes and Eggplant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PanchoHambre

Washing Up
Always a sucker for a "bargain" :ermm:today during my lunch break I picked up about 4 lbs of Roma Tomatoes and 3 medium Eggplants that were on sale (due to thier being a bit ripe)

So Tomatoes and Eggplant a natural duo...but I have no immediate use so I am looking for some way I can cook up a big batch of something that will keep for awhile or freeze well.

I am also looking for some ideas outside of the ratatouille/ eggplant parm arena I always do Italian so maybe someting with different flavors.

I have about half a jar of Kalamata olives looking for a use, some fresh parsely, dill, fennell and a dwidling supply of dried herbs. I have plenty of Mint (as perviously mentioned now frozen, dried and growing in a pot) brown rice onions potatos and a sack of purple potatos (with another intended use but whatever)

For meats I have chicken thighs and legs and a meatloaf mix pack although I would prefer a vegetarian dish of something that could be eaten with or without meat.... so as not to exclude.

This

This one always makes me drool. Serve over pasta w crusty bread & salad.
eggplant_with_tomato_garlic_sauce.aspx

posted here:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f126/grilled-chicken-thighs-sweet-hot-sausage-37578.html

seems like a start but I could make this and still have ingredients left over....

let em rip

Back
Top Bottom