My stove is a 'Piece'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Anyone know of a range where you can fit multiple pans on? It's a PITA trying to cook sometimes. Once in a while I have to go outside to use the burner on my grill.

See the pic? Only a 1qt sauce pan would fit on that back burner.

img_601142_0_ec9d5799228fce9790c3937fd81b5604.jpg

Same way my stove is. You have to strategically map out which pan you are using at what time and on which burner so that they all fit! Good luck on your quest.

Oh, and pass the fried Zucchini! That's the way we like it in Pittsburgh- with a little marinara for old school tastiness.

Every range that is 30"wide and made to slide into a space between cabinets is going to have the same problem. There is only so much space available with a range that is rougnly 30" wide and 25" deep.

As Jill mentioned, you have to plan pans when you are using several burners at once.

Mine is the same. I have a dinky apartment stove with only one big burner and 3 dinky ones. Maneuver them or only use one or two at a time.

Once in a while I have to go outside to use the burner on my grill.

You could get one of those camping stoves and put it on your counter...we've been thinking about getting one for whenever we lose power. You can also get electric burners if you don't care about gas.

we've all been there and most still are there. I however traded the SUV for a 36" 6 burner dual fuel range. My pans fit, and it gets better gas mileage too! However, most folks need to loose cabinet space to put one of them in. But it is worth it.

Just a thought: Electric frypans, grills, portable induction burners (available from Viking or much cheaper from a restaurant store), etc are the cheapest kitchen additions and often make certain cooking tasks easier.

the portable burner idea is not a bad one... especially if you have the counter space.

I spent several months sharing a kitchen with 30+ other people (fortunately in a beautiful villa in Switzerland) Instead of a built in stove we had several sets of moveable hot plates and plenty of black granite countertop. It worked out surprisingly well allowing for lots of flexibility in the use of space.

Its going to be a tough decision when I redo my kitchen stove space vs counter space

When shopping/ researching for the new range I realized just about all the 4 burner and most 6 burner homeowner/ faux commercial ranges had about a 9 inch limit for use on adjacent burners.

Wife and I went with a 4 burner restaurant range, pretty much as long as items on adjacent burners total under 22 inches we're ok. Plus we got 28k of burner. And the cost was substantially less than the homeowner units.

Eggplant

Jenkinzz, I am really curious about your recipe there. I see much potential for a mouth-watering, Italian delicacy. Please share your recipe :rolleyes:

Yeah, I run into that problem as well when using the wide cast aluminum pot or the 17-qt stock pot. Then I have to resort to the diagonal game and use the one in the back on the oppostite side.

I could cheat and use the side where the space heater is, but I'd have to be careful that the food doesn't stick and burn.

Boy. You people can carry on some conversation. LOL

Anyway, thanks for the camping burner idea theing, but I'm looking for something more permanent. I may just have to rip out some cabinets to get the stove I need. The only problem is the dimentions of my kitchen turn that into a huge project. I would have to replace my range now with a cabinet, then install a 36 on te adjacent wall.....where the fridge is. LOL.

Anyone have a range WITHOUT the digital BS in the back? Maybe those have more space? Even an older one?

This thread got me thinking. It seems I have alot more room on my new stove than the old "piece", so I did an experiment.

The bigger pots and pans all fit. Not exactly centered over the burners in back, but good enough so that I could use them if I ever needed to. I can definately use the saucepans back there.

Now if I could just use the griddle burner at the same time..... :rolleyes::chef:

Attachments

• IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 181
This thread got me thinking. It seems I have alot more room on my new stove than the old "piece", so I did an experiment.

The bigger pots and pans all fit. Not exactly centered over the burners in back, but good enough so that I could use them if I ever needed to. I can definately use the saucepans back there.

Now if I could just use the griddle burner at the same time..... :rolleyes::chef:

Thanks! Do you have the info on that range? Make, Model?

Apologize for Offramp

Sorry for the offramp everyone! I saw that picture of eggplant cooking & was hungry. The black range in the picture is well laid out. We had a 30" GE cooktop w/ all the knobs on the right side. This cramped the space & pots/pans were always bumping - and you could not use 2 large pans at once. :mad:

We changed out to a nice 36" wide which makes a huge difference. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom