Mother's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
What is everyone here doing for Mothers day this weekend?

I'm driving back home tomorrow afternoon to give a surprise visit to my Mom who lives 4 hours away. I'll spend the day with her and cook her breakfast. I moved from my hometown in January so she'll be happy, she's only seen me a couple of times since. I'm not sure if I should tell her or not, I want her to be home lol. I'll be spending the night at a friends house on Saturday and surprising her first thing Sunday morning.

I am giving the gift of leaving her alone. :)
Who wants 3 small screaming children tearing up the garden you are trying to plant?
Oh, except for me cuz thats my only choice..... :)

We are going our for brunch. It will be my wife and kids as well as DW's mom and dad and my parents. After brunch the 3 moms will go catch a movie while the guys watch the kids.

LOL understood, Suzi!!

That sounds great, GB. I'm sure they will appreciate it!

Although, it brings up an important point as well. Why should it be a special ordeal for a wife to have a day off from the kids :p lol Should be whenever she wants!

Although, it brings up an important point as well. Why should it be a special ordeal for a wife to have a day off from the kids :p lol Should be whenever she wants!
Actually I offer that to her all the time, but she never wants it. The movie is more for her mom as she never takes any downtime dealing with a sick husband and son. DW is dragging her away for the afternoon forcing her to relax a bit :)

Make her a nice brunch in the kitchen with your homemade chocolate as dessert, and do all the cleanup. She'll appreciate it! Spend the day with her just relaxing and talking, or go out and do something together.

My mom passed away nearly 5 years ago. My MIL lives 10 hours away. We sent her an Edible Arrangement. They cut up fruit into flower shapes and arrange it like a florist. It should be delivered today. My youngest just came home from his first year of college yesterday. We'll be going to my chef son's restaurant and he will cook for me at some point on Sunday. I let him choose the time so he won't be too busy.

Unfortunately, I have to work. I'm scheduled for a 13-hour shift, 7 am to 8 pm, plus closing time. The management has decided, in their infinite stupi.... err, wisdom, that brunch for 500 people just isn't enough, so we're also serving a Table D'Hote menu for dinner that night. I'm hoping that the Chef will do the same thing he did on Mother's Day, and give me a few hours off in the afternoon.

I'm putting in a new faucet in the upstairs bathroom. :wacko:

(My mom has passed, my wife is out of town visiting her sister and our new nephew)

i asked dw if she wanted me to make lobsters, or something else, or go out to dinner.

she shot back, with a bit of desparation, "i want to go out!"

so i asked her where, and before i finished my sentence, she said "i don't care, anywhere, you choose. just decide where!"

lol. so now the stakes are even higher. i can't blow this one.

tonight, i'm picking up a gift certificate for a spa day - mud, seaweed, hot stones, paraffin, etc. etc.

it sounds like a day in a swamp. but if she enjoys it, that's what matters.

My husband and son-in-law are cooking for my daughter and me. DH is smoking a turkey and ribs, and SIL is making baked beans and potato salad.

No mother here. Buck's mom lives in Pennsylvania but we sent her a beautiful card. At 95, she says that's really all she wants or needs. Save gifts and flowers for her birthday and Christmas. His brother, who lives near her, will take her out for dinner.

It'll be only Buck and me. All the children live far and wide, so probably cards and phone calls.

Buck and I are going to a nearby town to see my youngest brother perform in a community (fabulous) theater production of Annie. It's a matinee, so we'll sit on the front porch until dinnertime. I have an extra-special roast chicken recipe I want to make for dinner. Hope the weather is nice.

My mom is in Montana on a vacation.
I sent her a card.

Paul's folks will be here for the whole weekend. Going out to dinner on Saturday.

My girls ah yes , my girls, one tries to cook and does pretty well, the other...Well let's say she loves to eat:LOL: Both my boys, make a mean bbq and both do well with the pots and pans:) So everyone is coming here to eat..:ROFLMAO:
Still working on the menu and will tell about it later..But, I know no matter what is served up, all of us mom's will be happy campers with bread and water, if our loved ones are with us...
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom