ISO info on Merry Maids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
iso information on merry maids. i put in a call to local office. would like to know as much about them as anyone here can tell me.

in case u don't know, they are a house cleaning business. i am just getting to old to do some of the jobs myself.

let me know if u have ever had them or if u know someone that did.

babe:ohmy::ohmy:

Hi, babe. I used to be the manager of a Merry Maids office.

Yes, they are a commercial house cleaning service.

They bring all their own products/equipment and clean your home.

You decide what needs to be cleaned and how often. Depending on how well-run the office is where you live, you will be happy or not.

The office I was part of was not run as well as I would have run it, but that's me.

We looked into them, but they were very expensive. We went with a private cleaning service. They are much less money and do the same thing Merry Maids would do.

I have to agree with GB, Merry Maids does seem to be a bit pricey, even thought so when I worked for them. Hey, it was a job.

At any rate, I used to have a wonderful cleaning lady, Sylvia, who did a fabulous job. She was a gem and quite reasonable. Plus, she used the cleaning stuff I had that I liked.

Growing up we had cleaning ladies for many years. My mom would get a new cleaning ladies every year or two. It seemed they would all start out doing a great job, but as time went on they would get sloppy and lazy.

Our cleaning people do a decent job, but not an excellent job. When they miss obvious things, like they did this week when my wife looked under the couch to get a toy that dropped and pulled out some large dust bunnies, she will call the owner and she will send them back out to re-clean if we want. We have only taken her up on that once when they did a really bad job. Overall, they do an OK job and are worth the money we pay them so that we can spend time with our kids instead of scrubbing the tub.

My wife has a friend in FL though who has had the same cleaning lady for over 20 years. She is almost like a member of their family and does a great job. I wish we could find someone like her.

I had Merry Maids 20 years ago, when I was working the 11 pm - 7 shift, making a lot of money, with no desire to spend a minute on cleaning. (I still don't have the desire, but don't have the disposable income anymore).

Pricey, yes, but I loved MM. Then again I'm not at all picky. If my friends can't write their names in the dust on my coffee table, I'm happy. :)

Lee

The Better Business Bureau online is a great resource for this type of search. On their advanced search, you can even put in a web address.

the local merry maids called me this am.

there is no way i can afford 109.00 dollars an hour. i see they have four people to clean for you. still to much money.

when i was growing up in the south we always had cleaning ladies. i have no clue what they charged, as my mom took care of it. i do know my dad was the only one that i knew that paid into social secur. for them.

guess i will have to keep looking. though i eventually get it all done, it doesn't ever seem to be clean all the time, which i always did when i could do a days cleaning.

getting old sucks. lol

babe

ps thanks for all the imput.

Back
Top Bottom