My Entry Won and was on Martha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
Just excited so I thought I would share. Recently, I entered Lotus Blossom Cookies in Martha's favorite cookie contest and I was one of the 10 that she chose. She announced the winners on her show today!​

Last edited:
Wha hooooo!!!! Lucky you!!!!!!
I tape it everyday and haven't watched yet

Did you get a call ahead of time or what? Were you live on the phone? Share, share.
Is it a family recipe? Will or have you posted yet?

How exciting for you. Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wha hooooo!!!! Lucky you!!!!!!
I tape it everyday and haven't watched yet

Did you get a call ahead of time or what? Were you live on the phone? Share, share.
Is it a family recipe? Will or have you posted yet?

How exciting for you. Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

00020265.gif

No phone call, just an email. It is my mom's recipe. It's a fried cookie actually. =) Martha said that she would like to know how to make them, but I wonder if she's just saying it. I am thinking of whether or not to send in the recipe. I have a pic of the cookies on my blog, but how do you post the pic on here? It says to enter a URL, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:
I'd send it in, Cayla - sometimes she's had a winner come on the show and either sit in the front row or demonstrate. How fun!
What wonderful news!

I would be to shy to be in the front row or to demonstrate, but I should send it in. It would be nice. Thanks jkath.

Oh, Wow, Cayla! That's amazing! Can you imagine how many entries she must have had?

Don't say you're too shy to do this. These people are professionals, and they know how to make you feel at ease, and will probably do most of the talking for you.

Attachments

• greatjob-1.gif
    greatjob-1.gif
    96.2 KB · Views: 257
No phone call, just an email. It is my mom's recipe. It's a fried cookie actually. =) Martha said that she would like to know how to make them, but I wonder if she's just saying it. I am thinking of whether or not to send in the recipe. I have a pic of the cookies on my blog, but how do you post the pic on here? It says to enter a URL, but it doesn't work.

You can upload a photo just click on the "manage attachments" at the bottom of the post window.

Congrats on the win..

Calya, I have looked at your blog and it is wonderful. The cookies are exquisite! Congratulations - and yes, send the recipe. I can just see Martha getting very excited about making these beautiful cookies.

Miss Calya...I'm wondering... if before you send it in...it would be wise to mail a copy of the recipe in your handwriting to yourself! This would prove that the recipe (Your recipe) was in your possession (belonged to you) on the date of the post mark...It may come in handy sometime...may not. Just a thought!

Miss Calya...I'm wondering... if before you send it in...it would be wise to mail a copy of the recipe in your handwriting to yourself! This would prove that the recipe (Your recipe) was in your possession (belonged to you) on the date of the post mark...It may come in handy sometime...may not. Just a thought!

I thought she already entered it. Hers was one of the 10 that she chose to announce on her show. And it won't matter about sending it in - once she wins (even top 10) it is the property of Martha Stewart now. I did that with a recipe on Epicurious - got in the top 10 and now I no longer "own" that recipe, which is why I will probably never enter another recipe contest while my husband is making me write a cookbook :LOL:

They only wanted a picture, no recipe. Here is the picture. :) Thanks Jeff for telling me how to add a picture.

Everyone's comments are so sweet and helpful! I love DC.

Attachments

• Lotus CookiesF.JPG
    Lotus CookiesF.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom