ISO help/advice w/wedding cheesecakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christy-Lee

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I am making a 4 tier chocolate cheesecake as my wedding cake. I would like to decorate it with flowers but am concerned that they would sink! Does anyone have a suggestion for solving this problem please? Perhaps a good solid icing recipe? Has anyone tried this themselves?

Thanks

wow, that's ambitious. Not sure why you think flowers would sink on top of cheesecake. they don't weigh much.

fasten them on w/toothpicks? use fondant icing (on cheesecake? maybe not so much)

good luck!

Unless you're thinking of baking them into the cheesecake... no they will not sink. I think your biggest issue would be your cheesecakes sinking into the bottom layer.

Hello,

I am making a 4 tier chocolate cheesecake as my wedding cake. I would like to decorate it with flowers but am concerned that they would sink! Does anyone have a suggestion for solving this problem please? Perhaps a good solid icing recipe? Has anyone tried this themselves?

Thanks

Hi ChristyLee,
I think the question about flowers is the least of your worries!

How are you going to fit the pillars into the cheesecakes so that they can be stacked. You could do this in a set cheesecake by positioning the pillars which would need to be sterilised, on the base before adding the cheescake mix. You will need 4 tins of the right sizes, all with removable bases which are thin enough to be placed on cake boards so that you can create the tiers.

If you intend to make baked cheesecakes then you have to think about how you will set the pillars so that you can stack the cheesecakes to give the 4 tiers. I`m not aware of any pillars for making tiered cakes that can be put in an oven, so the only alternative would be some very careful "cutting out" of the appropriate shape after baking. Tricky, not impossible but likely to be messy!.

As to floweres, you could make sugar paste flowers or think about using fresh edible flowers like violas and pansies but you should take advice on this. If it was me I would decorate with chocolate shapes and run-outs.

Hope this helps,
Archiduc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom