After washing dishes, do you rinse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seans_potato_business

Senior Cook
Not only do you leave the trace of chemicals on dishes that you remove from the water but also traces of dissolved food matter (perhaps more of an issue towards the end of the dish-washing session). It's not very gentlemanly nor lady-like!
image.php

Yes, I rinse. I also do not fill sink with water, I wash with soap and sponge and rinse each piece, one at a time.

Of course. Why would you not rinse? you'd just be wiping germs and soap around. Actually I rinse, then put in dishwasher, where it washes twice, then rinses in hotter water than my own hands can stand. i don't think I could ask for more.

I believe (but I could be mistaken) that in Europe, England especially, most people do not rinse. different strokes for different folks.

Myself, I do like Texasgirl.

That's true Gb. We used to have a family from England living in a house behind us.
One day they offered me a glass of soda but I kindly refused it once I saw all of the soap floating ontop.

That's true Gb. We used to have a family from England living in a house behind us.
One day they offered me a glass of soda but I kindly refused it once I saw all of the soap floating ontop.

How does one 'kindly refuse'?
emoticon_monocle.gif

Anyway, it's true; my mum wont rinse and when I was this student, I lived with this girl who also didn't rinse.

Regarding the dishwashers however; they're largely excessive and environmentally-damaging.

How does one 'kindly refuse'?

Simple... by saying "Oh I'm sorry I'm not very thirsty right now but thank you anyway"

I very rarely fill a sink with water. If I'm hand washing I wash each piece separately AND rinse and if it's goes into the dishwasher I just get the big pieces of food off - my dishwasher takes care of the rest and I don't see a need to wash them twice.

I wouldn't exactly call it "leading a sheltered life" - different customs for different folks - it's just normally (I said normally which implies not always) people rinse their dishes after they are washed. A lot of people also towel dry their dishes so that was not an unusual statement to make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom