Help please!!! Want to do an ice cream project.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mangomagic

Assistant Cook
Ok I’m new here and I need help. I have this big food tech project where I need to make 5-8 dishes and I’m doing it all in a Halloween theme and for one of them I really want to make an ice-cream can any one suggest any fun scary Halloween flavors.

Lol. boy have you come to the right place......

Halloween are some that we have done...what you'll see there is (clockwise from top left) Cheeseball pumpkins dipped in crushed pretzel and topped with a pretzeland a parsley leaf. This could easily be converted to ice cream. Next up, Vanilla wafer cookies dipped in white chocolate and painted with food coloring to make the red veiny eye topped with blue frosting for the iris, and a single upside down chocolate chip for the iris. again easily converted to an ice cream dish. Also there is a sandwich sea monster...ice cream sandwiches perhaps? And lastly a graveyard cupcake.

You must remember that ice cream can be shaped and formed as well. use a candy mold and paint the inside with food coloring and fill with ice cream and a stick.

Put lady fingers or licorice sticks sticking out the side to make legs, use a dark choco for the body and decorate the ice cream by rolling out a starburst candy nice and flat (a few sec in the microwave makes this easier) cut it into an hourglass and use red hots for eyes to make a nice creepy black widow ice cream sundae.

Just some ideas here :LOL: Halloween is my specialty...

How about this... did you know that tonic water glows in the dark under a black light? and so does everything that has it in it. Shake the daylights out of a bottle of it and open carefully. let it sit in the fridge over night and use it to replace the water in your recipes to make it glow (works AWESOME in jello) A nice Gelato perhaps insteadd of ice cream....

I'm sure more will come to mind as soon as I post this :LOL:

as for flavors... the obvious choice is pumpkin. But why be obvious? go for a nice candy flavor heath bar, snickers flavors, something along those lines. Apple ciders are a nice fall touch, as are cranberries. But for me personally, when I think halloween, I think food. Mainly CANDY!!!! How about a halloween neapolitan style, chocolate caramel and pumpkin, instead of choco straw van?

omg thanks guys this will help a lot my teacher says I should make the party more specific like making it for my graduation and trying to set a theme around that which might be good I could make a zombie high school thing or something.

sweet....zombie high school... I'm seeing a nice big ice cream cake shaped like a locker with gory ugly hand pushing it open from the inside...like it's trapped in there....or "blood" oozing out from the inside through the slots.... maybe put the Knife (bigger and uglier the better) you're going to use to serve it jammed right into the center of it as a display until it's cut :LOL:

All of these ideas sound really good I think I may try the skull with the brain ice cream in it but I need to make the food to be able to be eaten with little to no cutlery and it to be able to fit in one hand so its kind like a party thing.

Make the skull from an edible, like a bread. You could piece it together out of a gingerbread cookie dough, like a house, just scarier. lol. then the diners could simply break off part of the skull, scoop out some brains, and YUM. wow, that sounded really bad... Or you could make a biscotti/fingers thing and they could use that...

Ok guys update in the project I’m going a head with the Halloween graduation party theme. For one of the deserts iam making a hallowed out orange with the jack o lantern eyes and mouth and putting blood red ice-cream in it know hear comes the problem what berries could I add to make the plane ice-cream a really bloody red.

you could do cranberries or strawberries because you'd get the red juicy chunks. Seeing brains are considered gray matter, why not do blackberry ice cream with strawberry "flesh" chunks. The white and red of the berries would be a great effect.

Back
Top Bottom