I'm finally going home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Redkitty, I'm glad to see your wishes come true! You have been a trooper, though. The way the airlines are cutting back, your dog may actually have a more comfortable flight home than you do! I lived in England for three years and actually loved it, but the only other place I had lived up until that point was Oregon, where the weather was even worse. Still, the English people are so courteous and friendly, and we enjoyed our time there.

Congrats girlie! I'm happy for you and pray that you have a safe move. I know you will keep us posted!

Ya know red, it did not have to take you this long. You could have gone home any time you wanted. All you need to do is click your heels three times...

I'm happy for you. I was in San Fran. in 1978 , only for a week , when my dad and stepmother lived in Walnut Creek, Ca. They showed me around the city, I liked it very much.

I'm so glad you're happy, kitty! I know you've said many times how much you missed home. I hope your dh loves it as much as you!

I'm so happy for you!!
img_611418_0_3521a18dca97710e304cd80863a7f4ee.jpg

One more week until the movers come to pick up all our boxes! Today I'm working on packing up the kitchen. So far we have 24 boxes which take up about 130 cubic sf. It's going to be weird living here for another 3 weeks with hardly any furniture and eating off plastic plates!!

We sold lots of our stuff already but still have some big items to get rid of, like our sofa and bed. Wish us luck that we get them sold....we are starting to panic!!!

keep clicking those ruby red slippers together, Dorothy!!!! I'm so happy for you (yes, and a whole lot jealous) and you get to take "Toto" with you as well.........I know how you feel---without mentioning any city's name I was never so unhappy in my life....when I found out we were moving back to Houston I was ecstatic when we crossed the state line and was even happier when drivers behind us honked their horns at us to move it......yep, we were baaaaaaaack..........need any help packing???

If you lived close by I'd take you up on that!! You should see the dining room, stacked high with all the boxes!

gads, I've moved so many times in my life, redkitty (4 times in 6 years in Cairo).......I know how you feel but nothing beats being GLAD to pack up and move does it????? It's when you have to move from a place that you've fallen in love with that's difficult and I'm sure that's where you were when you left SF in the first place.........glad that you're making a full revolution......your hubby must be wonderful

I'm thinking there is a daddy in SF that is getting more excited with each passing day....Just few more days, and his red-head will be home!!! :clap:

Awwww, yes he certainly is UB! He is counting the days just like me! Only 15 days and I'll be sitting in couch on BA drinking my vodka!! :LOL:

The shippers came today and took our 34 boxes to be boarded on the ship. Its crazy to see your life in boxes and then watch them being taken away!!

The boy took a great picture of them here
our shipment home on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Quite a collection of boxes, redkitty. I can't imagine what everything belonging to Buck and me would look like. When we moved her from Washington, DC 14 years ago, it was an amazing bunch of stuff.

Buck made 9 trips here with a 16-foot box trailer full of stuff each tiime, then we had a major moving company bring the rest of the things we couldn't handle. It was 30 years of combined accumulated "stuff." Don't have to tell you, we won't be moving again.:LOL:

We sold all our furniture and other bits and pieces. It's soooo expensive to ship overseas (our shipment is only taking up part of a container, 160csf and cost £1200!) We will basically be slowly starting all over when we get home but neither of us mind. It will be fun to start building our life together in a place we can truly call home!

I'm so sad. My wonderful neighbor who is in love with my doggy (they are in love with each other) is going on holiday tomorrow for a week. When he gets back Raisin and I leave 2 days later. So he only has one more day to walk her (he walks her 4 days a week) Anywho, he came over tonight to say good bye to her! I about cried, so did he and Raisin started pouting because I know she knows somethings up.

I am thrilled beyond belief to return home but leaving people you care about is so hard. These people have been like family to me since I moved here. I'm so afraid I won't see them again. The boy and I are pretty convinced they will come visit us in SF especially since they have never been to the west coast. I'm sad for him because he is going to miss my sweet Raisin doggy so much. We think he will adopt a doggy soon.

I'm just so sad....but also happy to be going home. Mixed emotions are so hard....:(

I'm sorry Miss Kitty....Everything will work out....they'll come see ya and visit with Raisin...Ya'll will have lots of fun in SF...with you showing them the sights!

Back
Top Bottom