Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Non-alcoholic Drinks (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/)
-   -   Am I the only diet soda fan? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/am-i-the-only-diet-soda-fan-46374.html)

LEFSElover 05-22-2008 04:05 PM

Am I the only diet soda fan?

I just came back from the dentist and then supermarket.
They finally got in the flavor of diet Dr. Pepper I've been longing for.
I've seen it advertised for months and no one has had it yet.
So I bought 2 six packs, the hubster's going pitch a fit, he doesn't like me drinking diet soda at all. Oh well...
It is soooo good, I'm having a huge glassful right now over crushed ice.
Wondering if anyone else has tried it.
Yummmm.

What is a favorite [if you have one] of diet soda?

Oh by the way, when in the Hamptons this past week for the wedding, we went to find the Barefoot Contessa and it's gone, closed down.
Just thought I'd tell anyone else who also might want to venture in if in the neighborhood. Was all ready to buy every flavor of brownies they had. Very disappointed girl here
:sad:

Andy M. 05-22-2008 04:08 PM

Sorry, Lefse, I don't care for diet soda at all. If that's all there is, I ask for water.

sattie 05-22-2008 04:09 PM

Don't drink sodas. And have never had a diet soda that tasted good. They all taste artifical to me.

Katie H 05-22-2008 04:19 PM

I only drink about 3 sodas a week, but they're all diet caffeine-free. My taster is a bit weird when it comes to artificial sweeteners. I can't tell the difference from one to the other and I don't taste any off flavor either.

My diet soda of choice is Pepsi but, because of budget issues, I'm happy with Kroger diet caffeine-free cola.

Can't stand the taste of water so I have to either put some artificial sweetener in it or some lemon. Yeah, I know it's goofy, but that's me.

MexicoKaren 05-22-2008 04:20 PM

Like Andy and Sattie, I just don't care for any carbonated drinks. I drink LOTS of limonada, which is limeade that I make with fresh limes and sugar and water. I also make naranjada, same thing made with oranges. My DH loves orange Fanta, so I buy it for him, but he doesn't care for the diet version. My BIL, on the other hand, cannot face a day without diet Dr. Pepper. He drinks cases of it, from morning until night. I'm happy you found what you were looking for - nothing like craving something, and then having it taste every bit as good as you imagined it would!

BBQ Mikey 05-22-2008 04:20 PM

I like diet coke. Thats it.

LEFSElover 05-22-2008 04:27 PM

In response to the water issue, I drink tons of water, I love water, it to me is so good. But a treat for me is diet soda.
This dang new flavor of the diet DP though may be a problem for me, it's that good.

And I'll say that I am envious of you folks who can forgo the soda, good for you.

plumies 05-22-2008 04:29 PM

I drink mostly diet dr. pepper if I'm drinking soda. Will drink diet Pepsi or Coke every now and then.

kadesma 05-22-2008 05:15 PM

I indulge in water and tea, unsweetened..I cannot drink diet as it tastes like tin can to me..I allow myself a coke or part of a pepsi if my blood glucose goes really low..Otherwise, it's tea with lemon or water and sometimes iced coffee with sugar free chocolate syrup..Sorry, my girls now, that's another story:lol:
kadesma

jkath 05-22-2008 05:27 PM

I haven't had a diet soda since the mid 80's. I can't have any artificial sweeteners. I think the only time I have a soda nowadays is about every blue moon, and then it's a caffeine free coke mixed with rum.