Am I the only diet soda fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I just came back from the dentist and then supermarket.
They finally got in the flavor of diet Dr. Pepper I've been longing for.
I've seen it advertised for months and no one has had it yet.
So I bought 2 six packs, the hubster's going pitch a fit, he doesn't like me drinking diet soda at all. Oh well...
It is soooo good, I'm having a huge glassful right now over crushed ice.
Wondering if anyone else has tried it.
Yummmm.

What is a favorite [if you have one] of diet soda?

Oh by the way, when in the Hamptons this past week for the wedding, we went to find the Barefoot Contessa and it's gone, closed down.
Just thought I'd tell anyone else who also might want to venture in if in the neighborhood. Was all ready to buy every flavor of brownies they had. Very disappointed girl here :(

Last edited:
Don't drink sodas. And have never had a diet soda that tasted good. They all taste artifical to me.

I only drink about 3 sodas a week, but they're all diet caffeine-free. My taster is a bit weird when it comes to artificial sweeteners. I can't tell the difference from one to the other and I don't taste any off flavor either.

My diet soda of choice is Pepsi but, because of budget issues, I'm happy with Kroger diet caffeine-free cola.

Can't stand the taste of water so I have to either put some artificial sweetener in it or some lemon. Yeah, I know it's goofy, but that's me.

Like Andy and Sattie, I just don't care for any carbonated drinks. I drink LOTS of limonada, which is limeade that I make with fresh limes and sugar and water. I also make naranjada, same thing made with oranges. My DH loves orange Fanta, so I buy it for him, but he doesn't care for the diet version. My BIL, on the other hand, cannot face a day without diet Dr. Pepper. He drinks cases of it, from morning until night. I'm happy you found what you were looking for - nothing like craving something, and then having it taste every bit as good as you imagined it would!

In response to the water issue, I drink tons of water, I love water, it to me is so good. But a treat for me is diet soda.
This dang new flavor of the diet DP though may be a problem for me, it's that good.

And I'll say that I am envious of you folks who can forgo the soda, good for you.

I indulge in water and tea, unsweetened..I cannot drink diet as it tastes like tin can to me..I allow myself a coke or part of a pepsi if my blood glucose goes really low..Otherwise, it's tea with lemon or water and sometimes iced coffee with sugar free chocolate syrup..Sorry, my girls now, that's another story:LOL:
kadesma

I haven't had a diet soda since the mid 80's. I can't have any artificial sweeteners. I think the only time I have a soda nowadays is about every blue moon, and then it's a caffeine free coke mixed with rum.

i drink diet coke sans caffeine. 'cept i also drink regular pop. mainly gingerale- i love gingerale.

I drink water all day, one soda with dinner. I will trade back and forth between Diet Sunkist and Diet Mt. Dew. cannot drink regular anymore, TOO sweet and taste like pure syrup.

I do not have pop on a regular basis. When I splurge on pop, I have the real stuff. To me, all pop is bad.. all pop, whether diet or regular sucks calcium from the bones.. so if I'm going to do that.. I enjoy it :)

My regular daily fluid intakes are: water, tea, coffee, MILK... those can be by themselves or on ice.. minus the milk... some people like it on ice.. I haven't tried it.. I think I will when it gets a bit warmer though... I'll let you guys know what I think..

Last edited:
The only soft drink I really enjoy is diet coke. And I prefer it over the 'real' stuff anyday.

I don't drink it often though - as in, once in a while for a treat. I drink water, pretty much - anything else is an occasional thing.

I'm a water girl all the way - I LOVE water. With that being said the water I love is from Tuscany and comes in a glass bottle :LOL: and is breaking the bank - even at cost! But I just love it!

IF I drink a diet coke, which is VERY rare, I like to squeeze a wedge of orange in it. Try it - it's awesome! If my blood sugar is a bit low then it's the real deal and if I'm at home when that happens, I want a squeeze of lime in it.

In response to the water issue, I drink tons of water, I love water, it to me is so good. But a treat for me is diet soda.

This dang new flavor of the diet DP though may be a problem for me, it's that good.​

And I'll say that I am envious of you folks who can forgo the soda, good for you.​

The only thing that I drink lots of that comes close to soda is champange! Dang that stuff is good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom