Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Road Food (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f109/)
-   -   FL - Tampa ... Heading to (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f109/fl-tampa-heading-to-46473.html)

Garband 05-25-2008 01:35 PM

FL - Tampa ... Heading to

Going to go to a concert there, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some good food. I did a quick little search on here and the only other thread on Tampa I saw only had two suggestions: The Columbia and Cafe Creole.

If anyone else has any more suggestions I'd appreciate it. And if you can't think of anywhere other than The Columbia or Cafe Creole, some of your favorites from the menu would be a good starting point since me and my dad are two of the most indecisive people ever. lol

Thanks. =)

quicksilver 05-25-2008 04:19 PM

Can't really make personal suggestions, I'm about 300 miles south,but check out wikitravel.org/en/Tampa . when you get there, under contents, click "eat", then click wether you want "budget", or "mid-range", or "splurge".
Another site is: tampa.diningguide.com , or Areaguides.net

This is off season, so rates should be alittle better, and use AAA membership if you have it.

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY!
Tell us all about it when you get back.

Garband 05-25-2008 11:01 PM

Thanks for the sites. I should've known wiki would have something. =P

lyndalou 05-26-2008 05:38 AM

Depends upon where you are going to be, and your budget. For a really nice dinner, Bern's Steak House is a very good (also pricey) place. Every celebrity who ever comes to Tampa goes there for at least one meal . The Columbia is also very good for Cuban food., and for Italian, we like the Cafe Amoretto. For Chinese, it would be Ho Ho's . Have a great time.

Garband 05-26-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndalou (Post 613301)
Depends upon where you are going to be, and your budget. For a really nice dinner, Bern's Steak House is a very good (also pricey) place. Every celebrity who ever comes to Tampa goes there for at least one meal . The Columbia is also very good for Cuban food., and for Italian, we like the Cafe Amoretto. For Chinese, it would be Ho Ho's . Have a great time.

I'll be near the Ruth Eckerd Hall if that tells you anything. Sorry, I forgot Tampa is a rather large city (I was under the influence sleep deprivation, don't make fun of me too badly. =p).

Thanks for the suggestions as well. =)

Toots 05-26-2008 11:38 AM

I use www.chowhound.com to find good eats when I go on a road trip. There are many candid reviews and recommendations there. You could even post your location and get specific neighborhood recommendations.

Enjoy Tampa!

quicksilver 05-27-2008 11:16 AM

Silly me, I forgot to ask.....What concert are you going to? and when?

Garband 05-27-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver (Post 614174)
Silly me, I forgot to ask.....What concert are you going to? and when?

Lol. I'm going to see the Progressive Nation tour.. Dream Theater, Opeth, 3, and Between The Buried And Me. It's on June 1st.

Thanks for all your help guys/gals. =)

Constance 05-30-2008 11:30 AM

I highly recommend Shells Restaurant. The food is delicious (try the seafood pasta), the atmosphere is casual, and the prices reasonable. restaurants loc: Tampa, FL - Google Maps

mudbug 06-04-2008 04:55 PM

Skippers (in nearby Lutz) has decent cheap food and used to have blues bands outdoors on Friday nights.