FL - Tampa ... Heading to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garband

Cook
Going to go to a concert there, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some good food. I did a quick little search on here and the only other thread on Tampa I saw only had two suggestions: The Columbia and Cafe Creole.

If anyone else has any more suggestions I'd appreciate it. And if you can't think of anywhere other than The Columbia or Cafe Creole, some of your favorites from the menu would be a good starting point since me and my dad are two of the most indecisive people ever. lol

Thanks. =)

Can't really make personal suggestions, I'm about 300 miles south,but check out wikitravel.org/en/Tampa . when you get there, under contents, click "eat", then click wether you want "budget", or "mid-range", or "splurge".
Another site is: tampa.diningguide.com , or Areaguides.net

This is off season, so rates should be alittle better, and use AAA membership if you have it.

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY!
Tell us all about it when you get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends upon where you are going to be, and your budget. For a really nice dinner, Bern's Steak House is a very good (also pricey) place. Every celebrity who ever comes to Tampa goes there for at least one meal . The Columbia is also very good for Cuban food., and for Italian, we like the Cafe Amoretto. For Chinese, it would be Ho Ho's . Have a great time.

Depends upon where you are going to be, and your budget. For a really nice dinner, Bern's Steak House is a very good (also pricey) place. Every celebrity who ever comes to Tampa goes there for at least one meal . The Columbia is also very good for Cuban food., and for Italian, we like the Cafe Amoretto. For Chinese, it would be Ho Ho's . Have a great time.

I'll be near the Ruth Eckerd Hall if that tells you anything. Sorry, I forgot Tampa is a rather large city (I was under the influence sleep deprivation, don't make fun of me too badly. =p).

Thanks for the suggestions as well. =)

I use www.chowhound.com to find good eats when I go on a road trip. There are many candid reviews and recommendations there. You could even post your location and get specific neighborhood recommendations.

Enjoy Tampa!

Well, the concert was more or less the best thing to ever happen.

And we just stayed in a La Quinta. lol

And for food, we were in the car longer than we should have been. So we only ate once while we were down there... And dad didn't feel like driving far, so we ate at Joe's Crab Shack. lol I did have my first mussel there though. Yum.

Back
Top Bottom