Merlin's Miracle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear God, break my heart.
What a remarkable young man. An example of strength, courage and faith.
Thank you for putting a face on the meaning of this holiday.

What a beautiful and touching story. If I only had 10% of his strength and determination, I'd be a better person. No question...he's in heaven dancing with a happy heart and a "whole" body.

Thanks for an inspiring post.

thanks mav.

it's poignant, considering the holiday today.

only time will tell if this war has been worth the sacrifice.

Our Houston Chronicle devoted two full pages to this hero's story---may we never forget our soldiers' sacrifices and blessings to all their families especially on this special day of remembrance................

Our Houston Chronicle devoted two full pages to this hero's story---may we never forget our soldiers' sacrifices and blessings to all their families especially on this special day of remembrance................

I'm confused, are you back in Texas now?

I first read of Sgt. German a few months after he was brought here to San Antonio. His incredible spirit captured the hearts of San Antonians and was instantly a Hometown Hero. When he was able to be discharged from BAMC, he attended all sorts of charitable events in between his many operations. I even saw him once at a restaurant - (I live very near BAMC).

It was such a shock when he died so unexpectedly! I think we all felt he had made it and the danger was over. Until you posted this Buddy, I really had no idea that the rest of the country knew of this amazing young man. Thank you for posting this.

What a sad and inspiring story. Sometimes it is the ones going through the worst adversity who know how to get the most out of life.

:(Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom