Food dehydrators?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But the Aroma is the only one that I'm aware of that rotates. Do you think that's an important feature?

I'm sorry if this gets repeated.

Don't really see any point to the rotating feature. My Ronco is stationary. All I do is, a few times during the drying time, rotate the trays. Have dried all sorts of things with no difficulty.

My philosophy is that the more things that "move," the more things to malfunction. To me, simpler is better. Just my take.

I did a thread on mine that I got from a yard sale. I saw it, wanted one for a while, it was there for the taking so I bought it, it's a Magic Chef so originally sold at places like WalMart. It hadn't been used, still in box, no instructions, but I got them via email later on. It doesn't rotate, it has 7 trays, I can fill it up with ease, and it's a sinch to use. My only complaint in that it takes quite a while, like two full days to dry thoroughly if you're drying things with much moisture like big seedless red grapes, but having said that, those dried grapes were the BEST!
I also did apples, bananas, pears, tomatoes, different grapes, and want to do celery, carrots, jerky, potatoes.

I'd buy it, don't think you can go wrong.

The important features (besides a heating element) are a thermostat, multiple trays, and a fan for moving the air.

The NESCO/American Harvester seems to have the highest popularity. Then, of course, there are the much higher prices ones like the Excalibur and others.

Back
Top Bottom