Marinating Beef At Room Temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
Milo Miloradivich recommends marinating beef 'overnight' at room temperature. Don't know what he considers overnight room temp. What’s the highest room temperature that should be ok for a saline/acid/sugar marinade?

min room temp is generally considered to be 21c (Office and Factory regulations), in Science it`s taken as 25c or 298 Kelvin.

had a cook in Cairo heat the beef tenderloin (filet mignon) in a soy sauce marinade (from the Joy of Cooking) and then immediately placed in the fridge overnight......the resulting barbeque was FANTASTIC!!! Didn't heat long...........

Milo Miloradivich recommends marinating beef 'overnight' at room temperature. Don't know what he considers overnight room temp. What’s the highest room temperature that should be ok for a saline/acid/sugar marinade?

Who?

Even I wouldn't marinate anything overnight at room temperature, and I've been known to play fast and loose with the current food safety rules and regulations. 3 or 4 hours, maybe, but never overnight.

Is that the same Milo Miloradovich who wrote cookbooks from the 50's? I had to google his name. As culinary techniques are always evolving, I would recommend a more current book for proper beef (and other foods) handling.

I don't do a lot of marinading....Taking the meat out of refrigeration prior to going to the grill/pan/oven etc...I usually shoot for 2...no more than 3 hours.....Over night...Not I...

Guess it depends on your dafynition of room temp. Sorry for the misspelling of Miloradovich but I'm not convinced about the merits of 'modern' cooking techniques. From the food I've consumed in the more backwards areas of this world I think a lot of modern stuff aint to swift. I'm currently grilling some chuck steak that I marinated at an average 65F for 6 hours, refrigerated for 3 hours, and thawed at 74F for 3 hours. I hope to be able to let you know how good it turned out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom