So many bargains in the U.S.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
I was just in the States for a vacation and there were so many good deals! I don't know if it's because I go shopping more when on vacation or if I just don't know where the deals are in Canada, but it just seemed that there were so many discounts and deals happening. Anyways, I will just mention the food related items since this is a food forum.

I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for our baby and got great coupons (which printed out of the cashiers printer) so I just had to buy more. Also, there was a coupon for $12 off a $50 purchase at Schnucks! I rarely see grocery coupons like that here in Canada.

This is the off topic forum so feel free to discuss other bargains if you wish.
Even I don't find many deals like that in my area !

I'm a bargain hunter, Calya, and try to get as much out of my dollar as I can. Last week I enjoyed a free lunch sandwich because I had a coupon to try a new sandwich the restaurant was introducing. I also clipped a coupon out of the daily newspaper for a free 100-count bottle of 500mg vitamin C. I take one daily, so that saved me about $5. My two coupons saved me a total of about $8. I was a happy camper. And, yippee, I just received another free sandwich coupon in yesterday's mail.

One of our area department stores has an annual "sale" where customers are asked to bring in their (in good condition) used clothing. For each piece of clothing they accept, the customer is given a 20% off coupon to use on clothing and other merchandise in the store. In turn, the store donates the used clothing to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Every second Sunday, our area mega hobby store has a 40% off coupon for any regularly priced merchandise. I've used that countless times because the store sells more than hobby/craft items. I've bought several pieces of silicone bakeware for quite little money using the coupon.

Those are some good deals Katie. Okay, other than food, I got a gorgeous dress (originally $120) for $19 that I can wear to my sister's wedding! I also bought a new Coach bag that was originally $375 for only $160 from Macys!
My sister got mini loaf dishes that were on clearance for a penny each.
I have never seen such deals here in Canada, only in the U.S. That must be why my friends in the U.S. shop so much.

I think he'll ban me from going to Target, TJ Max, and Marshall's when I move there. The difference in price really is incredible.

He didn't say anything about Harris Teeter's though!:)

Back
Top Bottom