Favorite books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
One of my favorite books to read is by Diane Mott Davidson, who writes culinary mysteries. I like her books because she includes recipes .

Which one is your favorite? She has written a lot of them. Some of her recipes aren't all that great though. Usually the ones for the baked goods are fine, but some of the savory dishes are not great.

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" - Hunter S. Thompson

(I bet I've read it 10 times and laugh out loud every time. I love the way that man used language)

One of my favorite books to read is by Diane Mott Davidson, who writes culinary mysteries. I like her books because she includes recipes .

Culinary mysteries AND recipes, I will have to check it out!!!

I read every one of the Mitford Series by Jan Karon, about an episcopalian preist and all the wonderful people he comes in contact with. There are so many mentions of good food in it that finally the author hired some cooks to actually make recipes for them (the best is the infamous Orange Marmalade Cake) and she put out a book called the Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Primer. Another favourite part is the dog that "adopts" Father Tim and will only obey when scriptures are shouted at him! I think these books would appeal to anyone who loves food, people and a good story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom