Our New Car (and the mess we had getting it!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
We had decided we wanted a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition. We were looking for a particular color, which was only made for 6 months. We had only seen one before. We found the one we wanted on ebay, and it was located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina (about 2 hours north of us). We went up Friday May 23rd and test drove it. We paid a deposit so they would hold it for us, since we needed to get a cashier's check. James had school all week, so we weren't able to get it until this last Friday, the 30th.

We had already made plans to give our Toyota to our friend (my best friend), as she and her husband are sharing the use of a big gas-hog SUV, and she has to drive 2 hours (each way) to work every day. Even before this last jump in gas prices, her tank cost almost $70 to fill, and the Toyota is about $35. So, she and her two boys (7 and 4) came with us to Winston-Salem, so that James and I wouldn't have to ride back in separate cars (also because I don't like to drive in strange places after dark). The car dealership closed at 8:00, and the guy we bought it from was hoping to get out by 7:00. We left sometime between 4:30 and 5:00, so we hoped to get there at least by 7:00.

That was the plan. It was a good plan. At least it would have been if everything hadn't gone haywire.

First, we hit slow traffic on I-85 north because of an earlier accident. Then things went fine for awhile. We were watching for our exit, 112. We passed 111 and noticed some road construction. Then we saw exit 113. We asked for directions and were told to go back the way we had come and take exit 109. We passed exit 110, looking very carefully for 109. There was some road construction going on again. There was no exit, then suddenly we came to exit 108! We started north again (deciding we had better go all the way up to I-40) and looked very carefully for exit 112 again. It was gone. Not closed off. It was GONE. Just like exit 109. Sheesh! By this time the dealership was about to close. We stayed in phone contact (off and on) and finally got there around 9:45. A "little" late, but all okay, right?

Well, it would have been if our friend's 4-year-old (poor little guy!) hadn't started throwing up all over, right behind James. He was such a little trooper (the 4-year-old, lol) and was being SO good. Christi was very embarrassed (we assured her she needn't be) and she was faced with cleaning her son up as much as she could there, then at the car dealership.

It didn't take long at the car dealership, but by the time we were done, we realized it would be better to just stay overnight. We went to WalMart and Christi got the boys some clothes to change into, and we got a few things we would need overnight. James (as always) got us a great deal at a nice hotel and we all had a good night's sleep (he got them the room above us). We all stopped on the way home and had lunch with Christi's sister and kids, then we all went home (we ran a few errands first). We were supposed to have our pictures taken for the church directory, but we had to miss that, but other than that, it was a great day.

So, that is the saga of buying our car! But it was all worth it. We are now the proud owners of a 2007 Chrysler 300, Touring Edition, in beautiful Marine Pearl Blue. It rides like a dream, and it is a lot of fun driving it. It is "my" car, but James usually does the driving when we are together. James is going to get a new transmission for our Geo Storm and will finish fixing it up. That is the one he has been using to drive to school.

:)Barbara
a43b_4.JPG

a445_4.JPG

a46f_4.JPG

Last edited:
Barbara, I'm a member of the "everything happens for a reason" group. Who knows what might've happened if you drove back immediately after getting the car.

Anyhow, congratulations. Blue is my favorite color and the car's color is just yummy. Drive in good health and safety both of you.

I'm actually exactly the same way Katie. My friend was still pretty frazzled when we were in WalMart. I told her that I choose to look at things as an adventure. It was over and done, we had the car, we had nowhere to go (I mean nowhere we needed to be!), and we ended up having a great night in a fantastic hotel. And we had some good talking and sharing time.

Thanks Jeekinz!

You need to put some low pro's on that car and totally pimp it out. no spinners, just 19 - 20 inch low pro tires.

Thanks Chef June!
You need to put some low pro's on that car and totally pimp it out. no spinners, just 19 - 20 inch low pro tires.
Yep, that's what these grandparents (granted, young grandparents!) need- a totally pimped out car! I had enough trouble convincing James we don't need racing stripes, a rear spoiler, and hood scoop! LOL He was teasing, but somewhere in the back of his mind, it's still there! :LOL:

Thanks Chef June!

Yep, that's what these grandparents (granted, young grandparents!) need- a totally pimped out car! I had enough trouble convincing James we don't need racing stripes, a rear spoiler, and hood scoop! LOL He was teasing, but somewhere in the back of his mind, it's still there! :LOL:

Barbara L......that's how she rolls. BAM! :ROFLMAO: Here's some ideas for the hubby.

Chrysler-300c-pimped-out.jpg

For the record, I wouldn't be caught dead in ^^^^^ that thing.

First off I want to say Congrats Barbara L... nice car, hope it is easy on the gas.

Jeeks..... they just don't know when enough is enough anymore. In my neck of the woods you would get car-jacked for all that fancy-schmancy stuff!

Thanks Chef June!

You could get the bently grill for it. thats what my friends dad did with his. low pros and a bently grill

how nice, Barbara!!!! I know that you are excited........yep, I bet you've heard Murphy's
law.....if something can go wrong it will.........at least y'all got home safe and sound and enjoying your set of wheels......

Thanks guys, and thanks for the laughs!

LT, James would love a Charger, and I don't think he would turn down a really nice Mustang either!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom