Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Yeast Breads, Rolls & Braids (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f153/)
-   -   NY Times bread with herbes de provence (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f153/ny-times-bread-with-herbes-de-provence-46757.html)

LadyCook61 06-02-2008 05:55 PM

NY Times bread with herbes de provence
 
It tasted wonderful with herbes de provence ! I added about a tablespoon of it to the water and yeast before adding the flour. I also used bread flour instead of all purpose. Next time I am going to try Hawaiian sea salt instead of regular salt .

babetoo 06-02-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCook61 (Post 618572)
It tasted wonderful with herbes de provence ! I added about a tablespoon of it to the water and yeast before adding the flour. I also used bread flour instead of all purpose. Next time I am going to try Hawaiian sea salt instead of regular salt .

sounds lovely, i am going to try it myself.

babe:chef::chef:

Katie H 06-02-2008 06:40 PM

The "add-ins" are only as limited as our imaginations. I'm thinking red pepper flakes and cilantro with a little jack cheese might be good to go with chili.

LadyCook61 06-02-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 618600)
The "add-ins" are only as limited as our imaginations. I'm thinking red pepper flakes and cilantro with a little jack cheese might be good to go with chili.

sounds good ! I plan to try different cheese and herbs and spices.

suziquzie 06-02-2008 10:47 PM

alright you giys are killin' me.
I made my first plain NYT, now I have bread on the mind constantly after getting off a bread baking kick last year!!!!!
You know what bread does to me?
Makes me eat extra butter!!!!!!!

Jeff G. 06-03-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCook61 (Post 618572)
It tasted wonderful with herbes de provence ! I added about a tablespoon of it to the water and yeast before adding the flour. I also used bread flour instead of all purpose. Next time I am going to try Hawaiian sea salt instead of regular salt .

Add some diced black olives too... that would be really good!!

LadyCook61 06-03-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff G. (Post 618957)
Add some diced black olives too... that would be really good!!

good idea , Jeff ! thanks!

JoeV 06-03-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziquzie (Post 618727)
You know what bread does to me?
Makes me eat extra butter!!!!!!!

Try a little EVOO instead of butter. Great flavor either freshly cut or drizzled on after toasting. I think it's better for you than butter, but I could be wrong. The Italians have been using olive oil longer than butter, and they're still here to tell about it.:lol:

Joe

JoeV 06-03-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCook61 (Post 618572)
It tasted wonderful with herbes de provence ! I added about a tablespoon of it to the water and yeast before adding the flour. I also used bread flour instead of all purpose. Next time I am going to try Hawaiian sea salt instead of regular salt . Attached Thumbnails http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...1&d=1212509116



Truly a beautiful loaf of bread. Let's tear off a hunk and chase it with a carafe of merlot and a nice wedge of cheese. Life don't get much better than this.:tongue:

Joe

LadyCook61 06-03-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeV (Post 619321)
[/url]

Truly a beautiful loaf of bread. Let's tear off a hunk and chase it with a carafe of merlot and a nice wedge of cheese. Life don't get much better than this.:tongue:

Joe

thanks Joe !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.