Simmered Chinese Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This is a Foster Farms Recipe that I found in my recipe file. The sauce is spicy-sweet and so good. Next time I might prepare this with wings or thighs. I made this in my Dutch oven and baked it at 350 degrees for almost an hour. Your time may vary depending on size of fryer.
Enjoy! Debbie

SIMMERED CHINESE CHICKEN

img_618651_0_577a8b58543d942b858f54a2841e839d.jpg

img_618651_1_48675d970f2bb2c9aab9441a3c275199.jpg

* I used ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and it was not overly spicy at all.
I also used apple juice.
_____

Last edited by a moderator:
Letscook, I agree...I ate the wings with a lot of the sauce and it was wonderful. I will be making this with wings next time. Enjoy! Debbie

Loprraine, Great! Let us know how the thighs turn out. Enjoy! Debbie

radhuni, Are you talking about simmering the whole chicken? I thought that was odd. That's why I used my camping Dutch oven and baked it using coals. Enjoy! Debbie

Looks good . Would it make big difference leaving the sesame seeds out ? Seeds are a no-no for me.

Thanks Calya, Enjoy! Debbie

LadyCook61, The sesame seeds do add a nice nutty flavor but you can leave them out. The sauce is so good you wont miss the seeds. Enjoy! Debbie

Ladycook, are seeds the no-no, or also seed-derived oils? (My first thought, if it were just seeds, would be to add some sesame oil)

Ol-blue, this recipe sounds & looks wonderful! Since one of our wonderful members found me a "no-soy, soy-sauce substitute", I can try this out soon - hooray!

Ladycook, are seeds the no-no, or also seed-derived oils? (My first thought, if it were just seeds, would be to add some sesame oil)

Ol-blue, this recipe sounds & looks wonderful! Since one of our wonderful members found me a "no-soy, soy-sauce substitute", I can try this out soon - hooray!

I'm glad there is a substitute for no-soy for you. I think you are going to enjoy this chicken. Enjoy! Debbie

Ol-blue, I made this chicken tonight, but used chicken legs. Oh, and I didn't have any cooking sherry or apple juice, so used a dry white wine. Served it with rice, and DH and I both loved it. Thanks!

Ol-blue, I made this chicken tonight, but used chicken legs. Oh, and I didn't have any cooking sherry or apple juice, so used a dry white wine. Served it with rice, and DH and I both loved it. Thanks!

I'm glad you tried the recipe and liked it. Isn't that sauce good? Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Debbie

I'm sitting here drooling all over my keyboard; that looks sooooooo good!!!!

I'm sticking this one in the to do list for tomorrow night.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom