My TV Brooooooooke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My tv is broke
img_620737_0_0bd4c00e4d765c7629a7f9546cd88910.gif

It was going off and on, the picture just would not come on, now, the light on the on/off button just blinks, won't come on at all. Wouldn't be a big deal, but, it's the 52":ermm: and we have a 27" sitting on my kitchen island in the middle of the living room:sick:

Oh, crap, Stacy!!! I'd be bawling, too. I won't even tell you what Buck and I have.

How old is it? Maybe it can be fixed. I know nothing about these kinds of things, so I might be sounding like a great big techno dummy.

Hope you can get something fixed/done soon....and cheap.

It's only 3 years old. I'm hopeing that it is something small, a reset or something. DH is getting upset. Like a 5 year that had their toy taken away, lol

If the on/off button is blinking it may be trying to tell you something, check your owners manual and see what it says, might be an easy fix like a built in fuse or lamp or something.

:) Try turning tv off and unplugging from electric wait 5-10 minutes and start all over. Maybe it will reset itself. Tv isn't old enough to go on the blitz. I would go crazy if I lost my tv or internet.

I was going to say yay on the new TV shopping, but three years old.. ouch. I hope it's something simple.

If the on/off button is blinking it may be trying to tell you something, check your owners manual and see what it says, might be an easy fix like a built in fuse or lamp or something.
yeah, did all but, one. Here's the one I did not do.
The front panel controls may be locked {disabled} Use the remote control to unlock the front panel controls by selecting the front panel block in the parental control menu and press OK to uncheck the box... HELLO< IT WON'T TURN ON!!!!:mad::LOL: Darwin wrote my tv's manual!!

:) Try turning tv off and unplugging from electric wait 5-10 minutes and start all over. Maybe it will reset itself. Tv isn't old enough to go on the blitz. I would go crazy if I lost my tv or internet.
Yeap, already did this too. It was doing this yesterday morning, dh unplugged it, came home after work and it did just fine. This morning, it wouldn't work and the same thing didn't help this time.

any thunderstorms lately ?

lost a tv and computer a few years ago to lightning ..

no storms either. we lost a directv receiver that way. Burnt the end of the cable going into the box

TV? What's that???

I haven't had a TV hooked up in any way for about 2 years now. Before then, I had cable and inevitably ended up setting it onto a music only channel.

Read books. Write letters. Listen. Have a conversation without distractions. Take a walk. Read another book. Really listen when someone talks to you; respond knowing that they are truly listening to you as well. Putz around your garden. Watch the hummingbirds dive-bomb the feeder you set up for them. Crank up your music and dance. Sit in silence and enjoy the quiet. Read one more book.

And thank the gods that you get to decide what goes into your head instead of any cable, dish or TV network!

:heart:
Z

bleh, should have added ~ cook! oy vay ~ spend long minutes stirring and stewing and contemplating and savoring your quiet time in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Stacy...
Is it a Sony Wega by chance?
Ours is going downhill fast... only 4 years old. I was really upset DH spent so much on it in the first place..... now it's a piece of junk.. almost.
I'm thinking is the first round of hi-def tv's didn't have all the bugs worked out before they hit the market or something.
Ok rant finished I'm going back to bed.

Stacy...
Ours is going downhill fast... only 4 years old. I was really upset DH spent so much on it in the first place..... now it's a piece of junk.. almost.
I'm thinking is the first round of hi-def tv's didn't have all the bugs worked out before they hit the market or something.

No, this one is an RCA. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see what some people say it may be and how much it would cost to fix. I'm just hoping it's not going to cost a lot.

Stacy...
:)I have a Sony Wega about that old and have had no problems at all.

Zereh, I agree with you in the sense that we also do not have TV. American/Canadian television channels are available through both cable and satellite here, but we have not availed ourselves of the option. There are plenty of other things to do, but I would never proclaim that this is what EVERYONE should do. It is our lifestyle choice and I would not presume to suggest that it would work for everyone.

Well said MK, just because a person watches tv does not render them unable to do the rest of the things on your list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom