Surfwise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
As some here know, I LOVE the water and surfing(though moving from Hawai'i to D.C. has put a stop to it for now), and love the surf culture...

Anywho, is anyone familiar with the Paskowitz family?

Here is the run down on the new documentary about them:

"Like many American outsider-adventurers, Dorian “Doc” Paskowitz set out to realize a utopian dream. Abandoning a successful medical practice, he sought self-fulfillment by taking up the nomadic life of a surfer. But unlike other American searchers like Thoreau or Kerouac, Paskowitz took his wife and nine children along for the ride, all eleven of them living in a 24 foot camper. Together, they lived a life that would be unfathomable to most, but enviable to anyone who ever relinquished their dreams to a straight job. The Paskowitz Family proved that America may be running out of frontiers, but it hasn’t run out of frontiersman."

and a link to the trailer:

Apple - Trailers - Surfwise - Trailer

I, for one, CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS!

makes me think about life in a whole different way.

man, you ain't kidding.

9 kids!!!!! :ohmy:

he must have made good use of the extra surfboard leashes.

i can't tell you how many times i've thought about chucking the 70 hour work weeks in the city, and goin' to bog country in ireland to become a potato farmer and trout fisherman.

yeah, yeah, i know. it's not the same as giving it up for surfing. :cool:

potatoes are cool, right?

BT, If you are dealing with the potatoes, I am sure they would be the coolest in all the isle.

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about becoming a nomad of sorts...I think in a year or two, we(Carrie and I)might just do it, not for the rest of our lives, but for like year. We have both talked about it, and I did it for a couple of years right before I met her and "settled down". Got to see and experience things no book could ever teach me.

We spend so much time being a Human Doer, instead of being a Human BEing...I would love to just BE.

Ohhhhh....that looks awesome!! I can't wait to see it. I've never heard of the family, their story is amazing!! Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom