Big Brown - Belmont Stakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they said they didn't see anything physical......
But what a letdown. First TC hopeful to finish last they said.

my daughter was following this big time, me not so much. she called and said she had to be on the road during the race.

so i turned the tv really really loud and put the phone near it. she got to hear the race and was rooting for big brown. disappointed to say the least.

different strokes for different folks, i guess

babe:neutral::neutral:

The race was going along well until the 3/4 post when, suddenly, the jockey began to pull Big Brown back. He continued to do so, which resulted in Big Brown finishing last.

They talked to the jockey right after the race and asked him if he thought the split hoof was a possible reason. He said, "No."

Buck thinks it's because Big Brown had a good bit of dirt kicked up in his face as the jockey was trying to get into a good position right out of the gate. It had been said that Big Brown isn't used to having dirt kicked in his face. Who knows? Only time will tell.

After reading the first post I was wondering if they had decided to race the UPS truck in NASCAR or something, had to read the rest of the posts to realize y'all were talking about horse racing, LOL.
So the horse got hurt and the jockey pulled back? Or just startled?

Right after the race, one of the Common Tators said the horse was "juiced" in the first two races, and the stuff had worn off, out of his system today. I think he did say it was a legal thing, and said it may or may not have had an effect on today's performance.

Exactly UB. The horse is normally shot up with steroids the 15th of each month. Because of the controversy surrounding horse racing lately and the talk of a proposed ban on this "training method". They didn't juice BB this race to prove he was still the same horse.....
You be the judge.

Exactly UB. The horse is normally shot up with steroids the 15th of each month. Because of the controversy surrounding horse racing lately and the talk of a proposed ban on this "training method". They didn't juice BB this race to prove he was still the same horse.....
You be the judge.

Exactly!!!! Ran out of gas and did not have the roids to pump him up. I watched it too.... horse did not look like he was running smoothly.

I don't get it tho.... a baseball player takes steroids and is outed/convicted, I don't understand why it is ok to do that to a horse. Sad day for the horse, he had crappy odds anyhow.

But that 38 to 1.... oh yea!!! What a sweet payday!

Back
Top Bottom