Good Morning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ephrem

Assistant Cook
Good Morning,

I thought I should make some sort of brief introduction for my first post.

My name is Brother Ephrem. I am a monk at Holy Transfiguration Skete (a monastery) in Eagle Harbor, Michigan, on the shores of Lake Superior. I am a candy maker for our bakery Jampot which makes muffins, cookies, fruitcakes, jams, jellies, and various chocolates and candies. Initially I was interested in the candy forum but all of us at the monastery cook so I will probably be visiting most of the forums.

Hello again,

Brother Ephrem

Hi, Brother Ephrem. Welcome to DC.

You'll discover in no time that this is a friendly, helpful site. We'd love it if you would share some of your candy and sweets recipes with us.

Sit down and enjoy your stay. We're happy you've joined us.

Welcome to DC, Brother Ephrem. This is a generous and friendly group of people. I learn something from them every day, as well as get my spirits lifted. We are all looking forward to getting to know you better and hearing about your candy making.

Welcome brother we have members from all over the world literaly with many wonderful folks to help, uplift, share, not only cooking but other things that people feel free to share, being a monk will be a blessing to this group of fine folks

:):)Hello, Brother Ephrem I know you like it here. We have one of the nicest caring bunch of people here. I wanted to ask a question. Are you the Skete Monks that raise German Shepard Dogs? Also welcome to DC.

How did you become interested in candy making?​

In response to your question, I was taught by one of the other monks at first and learned on my own after that.

In response to jpmcgrew, the monks who raise german shepherds are in New York and are called New Skete. We are in Eagle Harbor, Michigan about 12 hours north of Detroit. We get that question a lot.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to talking with everyone!
Brother Ephrem

Back
Top Bottom