Lifetime movies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My girlfriend's (now ex) husband, an ex Navy Seal, called it "Lifetime: Television for weenies." :ermm::LOL: Haven't watched it in a few years. Two I recall & liked:

Meredith Baxter in The Betty Broderick Story. (She puts the husband thru law school, he marries younger woman (sect), she kills them both. MB's performance was so over the top, I couldn't wait to see Part 2.

Mark Harmon in The Deliberate Stranger. He played the notorious serial killer, Ted Bundy.

I've changed over to Tru TV, 48 Hours etc. The criminal mind intrigues me.

amy - I LOVE 48 hours - that show is very intriguing!!!!

Every now and then I'll watch a lifetime movie if it's true. I'm a FoodTV junkie but I love stuff like 48 hours and some other stuff on History/Biography channels. One time, last summer, I had to leave the house because my husband was watching Christmas in July Lifetime movies - I just said.....suuuuuckeeeeeeeeer!!!!:LOL: There were a bunch of beer bottles beside him so maybe he just didn't have the coordination to change the channel :huh: (j/k actually, I do wish he had been drunk :ROFLMAO:)

I've been watching ARMY WIVES it's pretty good.

DW watched Arm Wives one night, she said she liked it but didn't find the women very realistic in their roles. It is a fairly new show, so maybe the actress' will grow into their roles over time.

Myself, I agree Lifetime hates men so I hate em right back.

amy - I LOVE 48 hours - that show is very intriguing!!!!

I also like A&E - the unscripted no actors/real people crime/mystery stories.

Every now and then I'll watch a lifetime movie if it's true. I'm a FoodTV junkie but I love stuff like 48 hours and some other stuff on History/Biography channels. One time, last summer, I had to leave the house because my husband was watching Christmas in July Lifetime movies - I just said.....suuuuuckeeeeeeeeer!!!!:LOL: There were a bunch of beer bottles beside him so maybe he just didn't have the coordination to change the channel :huh: (j/k actually, I do wish he had been drunk :ROFLMAO:)

:LOL: K'elf. He was probably cryin' in his beer & trying to hide the Kleenex. :ROFLMAO:

The true stories, I find the most compelling. Not sure if they were on Lifetime, but, some I recall:

A story about the Menedez brothers.
Dungeons & Dragons? Billionaire Boy's Club? - w Blythe Danner

Scott & Lacy Peterson story. Can't think of the actual name of the movie.

If you missed MB in The Betty Broderick Story: A Woman Scorned, it's excellent (imo).

Last edited:
If you missed MB in The Betty Broderick Story: A Woman Scorned, it's excellent (imo).

I've seen that one!

I do believe they occasionally show a movie weighted the "other way". But you guys can look at it this way...we women are emotional beings. If we watch a movie where the man is a schmuck, the woman gets revenge, that may be "enough" to make us feel better....versus um...acting out...:bangin::bash::boxing: :mrgreen:

Oh, and to do ANY of those things I'd have to stand on a chair, which sort of takes the anger out of the equation.

Yea, but I wanna see movies where the woman is a schmuck and for once she doesn't get away with it and the man gets revenge!
After reading the news lately, seems more like it is just giving people ideas... LOL.

Awww, c'mon guys..... you are being way too hard on Lifetime....
washed up actors need someplace to work :-p

Stopped watching the channel, who knows how long ago, when the length of commercials were twice as long as the show and could watch 2 RR episodes during commercials (30 min. meals including commercials) in the length of a Lifetime movie. And resented further cause I don't watch RR either.
Right on, Pacanis.
Looking at the Sunday Paper TV schedule, this is what it said for Sunday, 8pm; PRIME (2005) (HD) Meryl Streep. Premiere. (CC) 720885. How can that be? I've seen that movie before. Did they think I'd forget in 3 years. Was it that much a BOMB? I remember it. So what's up with that?
Whoppi can keep her channel. She don't need my pittence.​

I thought that is what Applebees is for.

Aspiring, washed up.....
Guess they go out the same way they came in.

BTW, GB..... Got a line on which Applebees is Joanna Kerns working at? I always had a thing for her when she did Growing Pains. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom