Don't want pork loin to be pink nor dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
ok, I've heard a lot of resources lately state to take pork loin out of oven at around 140 and let it sit for a good 10/15 minutes. I have tried this before but it was too pink. I think I than took it out at 150 the next time and let it sit and it came out reallly good. I don't remember if there was any pink inside.

My dilema is my FIL will dEfinetely be disappointed if it looks (too him) like the pork loin isn't done especially if he sees any pink inside. I'm pretty sure when I took it out at 150, it wasn't pink.

Does anyone remember if you take a pork loin out at 150 and let it sit for a good 10/15 minutes that it was juicy and white but not pink enough for guests who don't believe that pork doesn't have to be EXTREMELY well done.

ok, I've heard a lot of resources lately state to take pork loin out of oven at around 140 and let it sit for a good 10/15 minutes. I have tried this before but it was too pink. I think I than took it out at 150 the next time and let it sit and it came out reallly good. I don't remember if there was any pink inside.

My dilema is my FIL will dEfinetely be disappointed if it looks (too him) like the pork loin isn't done especially if he sees any pink inside. I'm pretty sure when I took it out at 150, it wasn't pink.

Does anyone remember if you take a pork loin out at 150 and let it sit for a good 10/15 minutes that it was juicy and white but not pink enough for guests who don't believe that pork doesn't have to be EXTREMELY well done.

The days of well-done pork are over. Now it is recommended that to keep pork from becoming overdone and dry that you take it out of the oven at about 150 degrees and let it sit for abot 10 minutes. Pork loin, chops, and tenderloin should be slightly pink inside. I have done it this way for a couple of years now and the pork is juicy and very flavorful. Trichonosis, which was a problem in earlier years, has been all but wiped out due to the antibiotics given to pigs. Sorry to say there are those that still cling to the old "cook the living daylights out of pork" school of thought then complain because pork is dry and has no flavor.

Last edited:
If you brine the pork it won't be dry even if cooked through.

I know that it takes some getting used to slightly pink pork, but it's perfectly ok.

My suggestion would be to serve your FIL those pieces from the ends. Those will be more done than the center pieces. Cut his off and remove them to a different plate so no "pink" touches his.

SO and I have an arrangement. I cook the pork properly then she puts her slices into the microwave for a few seconds to kill the pink.

I go to at least 155.. Last time I missed and it was 160--still fantastic and juicy...

SO and I have an arrangement. I cook the pork properly then she puts her slices into the microwave for a few seconds to kill the pink.

LOL- that was a battle I fought as well, though I eventually won out. But agreed, "properly" cooked pork should include pinkness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom