Whatcha giving Dad for Father's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i got my Dad a card that plays music. that sounds kinda pathetic, huh?:-p better get him a gift, too.

Last edited:
I will retrieve my boys from his home on Sunday.
That will be a gift all by itself after 2 1/2 days. :)

He probably wants to be left alone, but my niece, SIL and I will be there. I've been drilling what he wants to eat all week, and he hasn't come up with anything yet. One thing though I always make him is CHEESECAKE.
That, I know, will bring a smile.

His radiation treatments have made him get tired often, and then he gets crabby, so it will be a short and early visit.

I'm just glad to still have him around.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU, ALSO~

not sure yet. have to get a card out this morning.

what do you get an 85 year old man who already has (quoting my mom) "more books than he can read, and more cds that he can listen to before he dies"?

Growing up, my Dad always made breakfast for the kids on Sunday mornings. He was particularly fond of his pancakes, but also got down with french toast, waffles and eggs. Never did care for his sunny side up eggs, though...that glistening uncooked part was just a bit too much for a sensitive 7 year old girl..:ermm:

When he made pancakes, he always made them in shapes (sans benefit of cookie cutters or premade moulds, too) of airplanes, bunnies, flowers, stars, etc. He loved drizzling honey on them, too, making zigzags with the honey.

For father's day, I got him a pound of fresh comb honey and three different types of pancake mixes,plus a new silocone whip.

I am waiting to see if I get a job back in Ontario, an hour away from my parents house. If I get it I will be there the afternoon of Father's Day to surprise them. If I don't get it I will call him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom