Your weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i get to see my kitties! (i gave them to my Parents when we left our other place- landlord won't allow them:ohmy:). then we'll probably cook stuffed peppers.
other than that, i'm without a clue.
you...

Baked 10 Grain bread at 4:30, when my labs got me up. Fixed the attic fan, set up the dehumidifier in the basement, more work around the house, more of the same tomorrow.

AC

Made tuna pasta salad for lunch, after lunch will go shopping for garden plants (we're pulling out the bolted lettuce today) and groceries, weed the veggie and herb gardens, and plant anything new I find today. Tomorrow morning, read the paper practically cover to cover, as always, then maybe a visit to the botanical garden in the afternoon. And a bit of housework here and there.

work, all day, and all of dee night.

then it's fah-zhuh's day.

i bought tickets to go see "the backyardigans" in madison square garden, then we'll eat dinner in the city.

and then yay! i'm off on vacation. i don't have to go back in to work sunday night.

see you, bunch o' suckers!!!!!

oh, wait. wait until later to read that.

"The Backyardigans" - a new Broadway show about lovable Irish neighbors who lean over the fence and compare tomato crops. Based on a real-life neighborhood in joisey, with a wise-crackin' guy who loves to cook.

I'm cleaning my mom's house from top to bottom as a surprise for her while I pet sit. Don't get me wrong, it's very neat and orderly (in case she ever finds this post), but I'm washing walls and baseboards and cleaning the kitchen appliances and power washing the outside, etc. Can ya tell I'm bored out of my mind????

Today..clean house, wash clothes, bbq at a friends,

Sunday.. more cleaning and ironing, getting ready for Monday and then...relaxing
until bedtime.

weekends are the same as everyday for me. today, playing, on computer and making bread, maybe some cookies.

tomorrow going to sew. need to make a valence for sliding door in puter room. it is always open as is entrance to sunroom. so i don't need or want a full size drape.

babe:huh::huh:

Today, took the visiting kids shopping and then dropped them off at the beach while I went to a talk by a local doctor on "Tropical Diseases and Other Perils" - I know, I know, doesn't sound like much fun, but saw lots of friends there. Also met up with a woman from our home state whom I met on another forum about Mexico - she is visiting and thinking of moving down here. Fun to meet in person! Tonight, dinner at our favorite little restaurant - very "rustico" but wonderful food. All six of us will eat as much as we can hold for less than $20!

Tomorrow, having 20 people over for dinner to meet our kids. Serving pulled pork, potato salad, coleslaw, watermelon, brownies and home made ice cream for dessert. Other people are also bring additional salads and side dishes.

Mostly, just feeling very grateful for our wonderful life, and the opportunity to share it with our kids.

Today, went to Tybee Island. Flat tire on the way back and burnt to a crisp. Tomorrow, I'll hit the market, call dad and relax.

Friday - I went to Reno, NV to stock up on groceries, run some errands, and got my haircut.

Saturday - A friend and I went to Little Grass Valley Lake on the Plumas National Forest to pick wild onions. It was great fun and I got very dirty. We also brought along our wildflower books and spent some time identifying wildflowers that we had never seen before. We had lunch along Black Rock Creek.

Sunday - Cleaned house and did laundry. My parents came over for Father's Day dinner.

It was a wonderful weekend...

Cocktails and jazz on Friday night.
We took the bikes to Belmar on Saturday, so, before setting up on the beach we got an hour's ocean side ride. Water temperature was 65 degrees. Crystal clear, too. Lovely.

We wanted to barbecue Saturday evening, but it rained and rained, so cooked burgers inside:(.

Sunday we got another hour's ride in and then brunch. Sunday evening, I cooked for my ex and kids for father's day.

Did manage to get a bit of laundry done, too and quite a bit of weeding in the garden.

I have no desire to go to work.

We spent the weekend in Quechee Vt for the balloon festival. Lots of colorful balloons, music, food. Now it's back to reality. Lucky for me this is my last day of school/work for the summer. YIPPPEEE!

It's a long weekend here. DH is away and I have a cold :-( . Spent Friday night on the couch with 2 chick flicks. Worked at the food market on Saturday in the freezing cold that didn't help my cold. My friend came over for supper on Saturday evening and the family came over for lunch on Sunday. Slept until 12 today as I kept on coughing myself awake last night. Spent rest of afternoon posting pics in my album.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom