Plans for Father's Day - what's for dinner/supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
We're have reservations at dh's favorite restaurant. It's a local seafood restaurant and we've asked my father to join us. Anybody else have special dinner plans? Grilling out? Special restaurant? The whole family over?

Lets see .. going to my parents for my nephews B-day party ..
then we are all going to my house for a cookout ..
why we cant just have the party here is beyond me ..
so ... got some fresh corn to throw on the
grill .. bone in rib eye steaks .. going to make south western french
fries and making a steak sauce out of a new cook book ..
DW is making a carrot cake ...
its going to be a hectic day ...

just chili/cheese dogs. i don't hafta cook fer jake yet since he's not a Dad yet.

Roast chicken, potatoes, gravy, some cooked veggie and a big salad. I haven't thought about dessert yet.

My daughter has to work till 6 so dinner will be rather late for their dad.

We all try to eat lighter in the summer because no one has the stamina for hearty meals when it's hot.

We're having a crudite platter with a light vegetable dip.
Cajun red snapper with mango coconut rice
Herb rubbed chicken
Tomato and arugula salad with ricotta salada
Corn Bread

Peach cobbler with cinnamon walnut biscuits and fried ice cream.

My kids are grown, so they handled their own gifts for their dad. I got my soon to be ex-husband a Big Onion Walking Tour called the Ethnic Nosh tour. It will take him and his girlfriend through lower manhattan's Little Italy, Chinatown and the jewish section, eating local specialties along the way.

I'm cooking Ol-Blue's recently posted rib recipe. They're in the fridge right now with the rub on them. I'm also going to make that vinegar based cole slaw that John A posted way back in my Boston Butt thread. Probably some grilled potatoes, too.

I made a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for my hubby...stuffed turkey, yummy gravy, parmesan roasted garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing with sausage, celery, onions, dried apricots & almonds and green beans with garlic & carmelized shallots. Chocolate half moon cookies for dessert.

Happy father's day to all the dads!

We got to see all the kids, and Kim and his son smoked some great ribs. With help from my daughter-in-law, I got some baked beans and potato salad put together.

Boy you guys are a well fed bunch! We had pretty humble fare, but it was was Curt wanted. Rotisseried whole chicken (on our grill), grilled sweet corn that was on sale this week, and mashies and gravy. This recipe renders the best got-darn gravy drippings you can imagine. Fresh bread woulda been nice, but we are trying to cut back a bit. The girls made him hot fudge brownie sundaes (scratch). Yummy!

What is venison backstrap?

I decided on some corn bread, too :)
And changed the taters to fried.

We have furry babies and sometimes we borrow Europeans (exchange students), but tonight it was just us. We grilled some chicken wings and made our first grilled pizza. I first cooked some peppers and onions in a grill-wok, then browned the pizza crust on one side, flipped it, and drizzled it with basil olive oil, then topped it with the peppers, onions and mixed Italian cheeses. Good stuff :)

My parents came over for dinner. We had:

filet mignon wrapped in bacon
macaroni salad
baked beans

Although it was warm today, I heated up the oven and made a cherry crisp for dessert.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's here at DC.

Back
Top Bottom