Chilled Grilled Garden Antipasti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
1 Eggplant
1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Squash
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 lb. Asparagus
1 can Artichoke hearts, quartered (not pictured- I forgot!)

1 lb. Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
Your choice of Italian Meats/Cheeses
1/4 cup Basil Chiffonade
Whole Basil leaves for garnish

Brush mushroom caps with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill on medium until cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to cool before slicing into finger-food-sized pieces.

Slice eggplant, zucchini, squash, and peppers into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices, and remove tough ends of asparagus. Brush all vegetables except tomatoes with olive oil, season with S&P, and grill lightly over medium-high heat, turning each slice only once. Arrange cooked veggies on a platter. Refrigerate for several hours to chill.

Just before serving, add tomatoes, meats & cheeses, and basil garnish to the platter.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 257
Wow, that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Jill!

I don't know if I could ever get the presentation as gorgeous as yours, but that platter is a winner at any cook-out or barbecue!

Thanks for posting!

Lee

Last edited:
Jill that sounds amazing!
I LOVE grilled veggies!
Thank you!

I don't know if I could ever get the presentation as gorgeous as yours, but that platter is a winner at any cook-out or barbecue!

Thanks for posting!

Lee

The funny thing is that it took like a minute to arrange. Seriously, I grilled all the veg and piled em up high in a baking dish as I finished them. Once I started putting everything on the platter, it was hardly an art to group each veg together around the plate. THe Basil just makes it showy, and my fancy cheese dresses it up too. It's all an illusion!!!:zorro:

This was especially easy because it is such simple prep when you think about it: Veg, EVOO, S&P. Plus meat and basil for fanciness' sake.

Thanks for enjoying it!

Back
Top Bottom