Creamy Orange Buttermilk Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This recipe my mom always made when she had buttermilk to use up. You would not know that there was buttermilk in it. I sometimes like to put in some cut up oranges or some mandarin oranges in the salad.
Enjoy! Debbie

CREAMY ORANGE BUTTERMILK SALAD

img_631429_0_fa62c3b660f4f47db167542ec01b7cdb.jpg

2 can(s) (8 ounces each) CRUSHED PINAPPLE; Undrained.
3 tablespoon(s) SUGAR
1 box(es) (6 ounces) JELL-O; Orange.
2 cup(s) BUTTERMILK
1 container(s) (8 ounces) COOL WHIP; Thawed.
_____

In a sauce pan add undrained pineapple, Jell-O and sugar and bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Once cool, mix together buttermilk, Jell-O mixture (and oranges if using) in a bowl and refrigerate 1 hour, or until partially set.
When partially set fold in Cool Whip.
Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours, or until completely set.
_____

Yum, I have been silenting admiring some of your recipes for a couple months now. This is sounds like it'd taste similar to one we make with cottage cheese, although we don't cook the jello part. I can't wait to try this!

Thanks for all your sharing. :)

Yum, I have been silenting admiring some of your recipes for a couple months now. This is sounds like it'd taste similar to one we make with cottage cheese, although we don't cook the jello part. I can't wait to try this!

Thanks for all your sharing. :)

Wonderful! I think there are a lot of similar recipes out there. I also make one like this using orange sherbet and whipping cream that tastes just just like this one. Enjoy! Debbie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom