Saturday night dinner, June 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
cleaning out the fridge leftovers tonight........

carryout rice
pork tenderloin
1 chicken breast
half a link of smoked turkey sausage
baby carrots
half an onion
maybe a shallot or two
a few celery ribs (don't tell HH, I'll mince them small)
a green and/or yellow pepper

making fried rice, garbage style. Probably will use some orange-ginger glaze to "blend" everything.

DH is umpiring four baseball games today, so will be pretty tired when he gets home. I'm making pork souvlaki to serve in pita with lettuce, tomatoes and tzatziki left over from last night, along with a Greek salad. Easy to keep till he gets home :)

T-bone streks on the grill, corn on-the-cob and tomatoes from the farmers market, green and yellow beans from the garden and a salad of mixed greens, cucumber and onion from the garden. I LOVE summer veg!!!

cleaning out the fridge leftovers tonight........

carryout rice
pork tenderloin
1 chicken breast
half a link of smoked turkey sausage
baby carrots
half an onion
maybe a shallot or two
a few celery ribs (don't tell HH, I'll mince them small)
a green and/or yellow pepper

making fried rice, garbage style. Probably will use some orange-ginger glaze to "blend" everything.

...And a partridge in a pear tree:whistling

I'm cleaning out my refrigerator too. It's mostly leftover salads, although I have a bit of chicken breast left.

Good enough for a Saturday night.

I have been dying for pork chops. So guess what I'll be having tonight ;)
I ordered a loin of chops (also ribeyes) and picked it up a couple hours ago, not frozen yet. Chops tonight, steak tomorrow.
I'll be cooking the chops on the grill with just salt & pepper. Also fixing homefries with onions and topped with sour cream. And a veggie, green beans or corn.... maybe a medley.
I am so hungry for pork chops I can taste them already :LOL:

Have a crowd tonight.
Brats, dogs, beans, chips.... I made brownies.
BEER!!!!
Gotta get here by 6 folks I go to bed early on weekends..... :)

Date night!
We'll be going here....
Palomino

Can't decide what I want but the mushroom soup is on the top
of my list right now.

Border is out, DD's hubby is surprising her with dinner out as it is the first time since thier wedding Tuesday and this Tuesday is her birthday. So, DH and I accepted an invitation by our upstairs neighbour/friend for dinner. Don't know what we are having but when she cooks it is always interesting and good!

I'm going to Dave's house :eek:)

Whoops! I didn't check the thread before dinner middie :(

How about tomorrow? BBQ chicken instead of steaks, but the rest will be the same. Might even have a pepper ready in the garden to add to the salad. Dinner is usually around 7 :chef:

porter house for me ... ribeye for DW ...
red potatoes on baked on the grill ..
pasta salad ...

about a hundred mosquito bites later... we had...

What is lovingly referred to in New Orleans as Wop Salad - lettuce, olive salad (same as used to make muffulettas ), cucs, tomatoes, carrots

Then, blue crabs and spaghetti with italian bread. 10 Blue crabs cooked in a pot of pomodoro sauce, served over spaghetti. You have to eat this dish outside, hence the 100 mosquito bites.

We started with tequilla manhattans. We're drinking some savonoign blanc now.

I made cheesecake for dessert. I'll pay you a dollar to cut me a slice.

Asian pesto chicken salad: Grilled/chopped chicken breast, orzo, halved pearl tomatoes, pesto of macadamia nuts, mint, basil, cilantro, garlic, & ginger (recipe from "Simply Ming"). CHILLED white wine. Dining outside... with the new frog that moved into my backyard...

I had a delicious Hawaiian style dinner at my aunt and uncle's party for about 25 tonite: the ever bland, but so smooth textured Poi, Kalua Pork; BBQue'd short ribs; teriyaki beef on skewers; chicken with spinach and coconut gravy; lomi salmon; And For dessert: cream puffs w/whipped cream; chocolate dipped strawberries; fresh cherry cobbler that I brought; cheesecake w/multiberry topping!

DH is umpiring four baseball games today, so will be pretty tired when he gets home. I'm making pork souvlaki to serve in pita with lettuce, tomatoes and tzatziki left over from last night, along with a Greek salad. Easy to keep till he gets home :)

Totally inspired by this, so making pork souvlaki tonight. Just got back from supermarket (where, incidentally Jamie Oliver was filming his latest Sainsbury's ad! If I don't end up on the cutting room floor, I'm the scruffy guy in shorts slurping a Starbucks Iced Caffe Latte!).

I digress - got some nice pork, some greek yoghurt to make tzatziki and some salad.

Back
Top Bottom