Hi to all you foodies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbjul4

Assistant Cook
I am the host of a radio foodie program here in Bend, Oregon, called Cooking with Gusto! I have local chefs, vintners, cheesemakers, etc. on with me each Saturday and we answer phone calls, emails...etc. and just talk food. It's a hoot and I have some very avid listeners. I am always on the prowl for cooking dilemmas and suggestions. Feel free to post your comments!

HBJUL4

Hi Welcome to the group!

Bend is Beautiful ... you're lucky you get to live there!!

Hi there hbjul4, welcome to DC. This is a unique space on the internet; I doubt you'll find anything else like it. If you browse the archives or stick around for awhile, you'll realize that people with a passion for cooking share a common trait - they are REALLY nice people. I am a former Oregonian - used to live in Portland until a few years ago, when we retired to Mexico. Love the Bend/Redmond/Sisters area. Hang in there with us - you will learn alot, and you probably have things to teach us as well. Good luck with your radio show.

Buckytom said:
So, tell me. just how do you prepare owl?
Oh, and Buckytom - you have asked a very relevant question to an Oregonian, considering that the timber industry there mostly expired due to protection of the spotted owl. I used to run an office that did alot of rural community development and one of the guys that worked for me went to Christmas Valley (know where that is, hbjul4?) and the people there invited him to a community potluck. He was savoring one dish in particular and asked someone what is was. "Spotted owl," was the answer.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments. I found DC just by good 'ol Google...links..etc. I will definitley noodle around the site to get inspiration. The "hoots" I usually get are from my callers....and they range from 7 years old to 90! Some of their "suggestions" or how they did things back in the day...well they are amusing. But one story that still sticks in my mind is when a chef was discussing "his nuts" and how he seasons them just right to get the best results. Thank goodness it was radio, because I am sure the look on my face was priceless!

Hello and welcome to DC!

Loved that episode of South Park, and if I remember right Chefs..... uh.... 'creations' were a big hit, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom