28 July, Saturday...it's almost too hot to cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
We're going down the shore for the day. It's supposed to hit 90 today, sheesh:cool:.
Is it just me, or does spending the day at the beach make you hungry, too?

We're having a salad of roasted plums over boston lettuce with goat cheese rillettes and pumpernickle crouton. Fig balsamic dressing.

Dinner is surf and turf of lamb chops and crab cakes (it's so much easire when you buy the crab meat already pulled from the claws:chef:) with purple fingerling potatoes.

Dessert is vanilla pound cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate praline sauce.

I'm making sangria for dinner.

I hope everyone has a wonderful satyrday!

Your dinner combo sounds interesting.
Love the salad idea.
For the Surf & Turf, I'll have one or the other. Couldn't do both together.
Alright, you twisted my arm. CC for me, please.

Enjoy your day....And remember to keep hydrated & the SPF. I don't want to hear they mistook you for lobster and dipped you in butta!

Last edited:
Yeah, we got lots of colour today. We rode the bikes all the way to Asbury Park before we got into the water.

So, what is everyone else making?????

Yeah, we got lots of colour today. We rode the bikes all the way to Asbury Park before we got into the water.

So, what is everyone else making?????

How's Madam Marie these days? :cool:

Stop at the Wonder Bar for a kick-butt cheeseburger and some good tunes.

Way too hot today for much. Two minutes of moving outdoors and you're soaking wet.

Oh, VeraBlue, you're making me miss the East! I'm a land locked east coast girl. How I wish I could spend a hot summer day at the ocean!!! I spent a summer working in Asbury Park, actually Ocean Grove, as a teenager. What a fun summer that was. Living a block from the ocean, walking the boardwalk (going to the Stoned Pony!). Sounds like you had a great day. Your menu sounds awesome!

We're going down the shore for the day. It's supposed to hit 90 today, sheesh:cool:.
Is it just me, or does spending the day at the beach make you hungry, too?

We're having a salad of roasted plums over boston lettuce with goat cheese rillettes and pumpernickle crouton. Fig balsamic dressing.

Dinner is surf and turf of lamb chops and crab cakes (it's so much easire when you buy the crab meat already pulled from the claws:chef:) with purple fingerling potatoes.

Dessert is vanilla pound cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate praline sauce.

I'm making sangria for dinner.

I hope everyone has a wonderful satyrday!
:) Hey, Girlie I think you jumped a month ahead of yourself it's only June maybe it feels like July.:)

Oh, VeraBlue, you're making me miss the East! I'm a land locked east coast girl. How I wish I could spend a hot summer day at the ocean!!! I spent a summer working in Asbury Park, actually Ocean Grove, as a teenager. What a fun summer that was. Living a block from the ocean, walking the boardwalk (going to the Stoned Pony!). Sounds like you had a great day. Your menu sounds awesome!

Haha, Stoned Pony! I pointed out the Stone Pony to Lou as we rode past it. He'd never been there. Being from Philly, they always went more southern, while my crowd did more northern beaches.

There was an amazing looking farmer's market inside the pavillion on the boardwalk, too. Wonderful looking bread for sale... we were wishing we'd brought money with us.

Vera, I'll be your best friend! We have a pool and it's inground surrounded by 10 ft. bushes. You'll just have to ignore all the "seniors" that will be at my sons' graduation party though! lol

Barb

Back
Top Bottom