Boneless Ribeye Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We had the best rib roast last night I've ever eaten, and we made it at home. When whole boneless ribeyes are on sale, Kim buys one or two of them, and slices them for steaks. The last couple of times, he's left a larger piece for a roast, and we cooked one of those last night.
It's so simple...Just season the meat with salt, fresh ground pepper and a little granulated garlic. (We didn't have any whole garlic to stick inside, and didn't miss it.)
Roast uncovered, 20 minutes per lb. in a 350 degree oven, or until the center registers 130 degrees. Remove from pan, tent with foil and let stand. I think what made ours so good last night was that it stood about 45 minutes while I fixed the potatoes. We had to zap our plates in the microwave for a few seconds to heat it back up, but it was unbelievably tender and juicy.

For the potatoes, I quartered red potatoes and browned them a little in the meat juices left in the pan (there wasn't much), and then poured in a can of beef broth and let them boil in that. I had fresh broccoli that needed to be used, so I put that right in with the potatoes toward the last. It was yummy!

thisthread.gif

Seriously, it sounds fantastic! :)

We only get that when my dear M-I-L is in town, she can afford to buy it and I have to say I am not big beef eater, but she makes it sooooooooooooooooo good, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom