Ouch!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
:mad: I was getting a head of lettuce out of the fridge and a can of soda fell on my 2 toes . Now I can't walk ! Bad enough my left heel has been hurting and now my toes on my right foot . Not a good day! Not sure if it is broken or not, can't bend the toes. :ermm:

I am not so sure of that bowlingshirt. I have broken many a toe and I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility that she could have broken one or more from a soda can falling on them and then be posting on the internet.

LC, I hope they are not broken and feeling better soon. I know how painful that can be.

I am not so sure of that bowlingshirt. I have broken many a toe and I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility that she could have broken one or more from a soda can falling on them and then be posting on the internet.

LC, I hope they are not broken and feeling better soon. I know how painful that can be.

thanks GB. I have some ice on it . If it still is swollen , I guess I will have to go to the emergency room, tho I don't know what they can do. I hate to go because we don't have health insurance and I hate the long wait in the waiting room.

If it were me I would not bother going to the ER. There is really nothing they can do other than tape them up which is something you can do yourself. Of course that is for a hairline fracture. If the bone is out of place then they would need to reset it, but you can usually tell if that is the case.

If it were me I would not bother going to the ER. There is really nothing they can do other than tape them up which is something you can do yourself. Of course that is for a hairline fracture. If the bone is out of place then they would need to reset it, but you can usually tell if that is the case.

I guess I will wait and see how it is tomorrow. The toes don't look like it is out of place, just fatter from being swollen.

Waiting a day or two will not hurt anything. Just try to stay off it as much as possible in the meantime. Hopefully by tomorrow they will be feeling better.

Waiting a day or two will not hurt anything. Just try to stay off it as much as possible in the meantime. Hopefully by tomorrow they will be feeling better.

I plan to stay off my feet, just told hubby I don't think I will be cooking , he can grill burgers or hot dogs for himself and his friend.

Exactly. Give it a tug, tape it if you feel like and don't bend it when you walk. It wouldn't hurt to keep it elevated either, while you are watching TV and drinking that soda :)

Are your toes discolored LC? And GB is right, just keep them taped up (if possible) and that's about all you can do. ER can't relaly do anything but say - yea or nay to being broken and then tell you to stay off of it. We did that for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: When I broke one of my toes I kept a tight pair of sandals on - did the trick! Yes, it took about a week or so before I started walking better. You might try some crutches for a few days too.

Feel better and yes, keep it up and if you can, enjoy that soda!

I agree with everyone else. All you'll get in the ER is a picture (xray) of your foot. Tape the bruised ones together with a non bruised one and walk carefully. If you have a stiff soled shoe or sandal wear that to keep from bending them too much. Rest, Ice, Comression, Elevation (RICE) is the way to go. You get the "compression" by taping them together. Broken toes are not a big deal in the medical community unless they are severed or sticking out of the skin. It has to be a serious thing for them to worry about broken toes. Take some Advil or Motrin to help with the pain and inflammation. You can safely take up to 3 tablets at a time if 2 don't seem to help much.

Are your toes discolored LC? And GB is right, just keep them taped up (if possible) and that's about all you can do. ER can't relaly do anything but say - yea or nay to being broken and then tell you to stay off of it. We did that for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: When I broke one of my toes I kept a tight pair of sandals on - did the trick! Yes, it took about a week or so before I started walking better. You might try some crutches for a few days too.

Feel better and yes, keep it up and if you can, enjoy that soda!

It is starting to get black and blue. I have crutches somewhere in the cellar, from when I had knee surgery. I have a cane too so whatever works best but for now I am just sitting with ice on the toes.

I agree with everyone else. All you'll get in the ER is a picture (xray) of your foot. Tape the bruised ones together with a non bruised one and walk carefully. If you have a stiff soled shoe or sandal wear that to keep from bending them too much. Rest, Ice, Comression, Elevation (RICE) is the way to go. You get the "compression" by taping them together. Broken toes are not a big deal in the medical community unless they are severed or sticking out of the skin. It has to be a serious thing for them to worry about broken toes. Take some Advil or Motrin to help with the pain and inflammation. You can safely take up to 3 tablets at a time if 2 don't seem to help much.

I have motrin, usually only take one for back pain and headaches but in this case.. probably take 2 . I told hubby he should wait on me for a change. ;)

Taped and try not to bend the toes much. I've broken a toe or two. No use going to the doctor unless you obviously have bone separation.

Back
Top Bottom