No kids, how come?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh please dont tell me they now have something they charge $$ for to prevent baby boys from tinkling on you.......

I'm guessing they must... never heard of or seen one before. I was lucky, my son never pee'd on me, got my wife several times though. As soon as he was born a nurse warned me about this, so I always took precautions, LOL.

Believe me when I was "baptized" by one of my boy babies and had my long hair and newly applied makeup drenched I learned to cover their privates when opening their diapers........I think that it's the expectation that gets them all excited...........so their little hoses were kept covered until I had the new diaper on......got to be pretty adept at it, too....never got drenched again.......:)

Well Nick isn't getting any younger (he just turned 30 yesterday) so he told me he wants kids within the next 2-5 years. I told him I won't have kids without a ring on my finger and he agreed. So that kind of puts us on a timeline lol

Good for you, Saphie, for holding out!!!!!! Only when my daughter finally had enough of her old boyfriend who absolutely refused to get help for his depression did he beg her to get married as she had had enough....by then it was too late....for him......she's moved on.....

Since the subject of sons and potty training was mentioned, I wonder how many here have had the pleasure of getting peed on while changing their sons diaper? Seems like a right of passage almost, LOL.
When James's daughter was born she had to stay in the nursery for quite awhile (another baby had meningitis and there was a mess-up and all the babies had to stay for observation, spinal-taps, etc.). James would go in and see her, change her diapers, etc. Well, there was a baby boy near her bassinet. His diapers were always dry, but his mattress pad was always wet. The nurses actually accused James of tampering with his diaper. Then one day they found out what was happening. Apparently this little guy was pretty well endowed, and he was peeing out the top of his diaper, missing it altogether. I can't remember for sure, but I think James said the nurse got a little wet during that episode!

I remember babysitting a one-month-old boy when I was a teenager. Just as I reached behind me for a diaper he started peeing. I grabbed a diaper and just dropped it on top of him until he finished (it was a cloth diaper) and started fresh with a new one.

When my daughter was being potty trained, I was getting her ready for bed one night. She was lying on my bed. I undid her diaper and said, "It's time to go potty." She was so tired that she took me very literally and peed right then and there!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
It is a little cover that goes over the boy so that if he does go then it is contained somewhat.

My MIL, who had three boys, told me once she used a washcloth for that, and it worked fine. Jeeze, the stuff they can get people to buy these days :glare:

I bet a washcloth would work better actually.

My mother just got used to putting on our diapers while we were on our stomachs.

Here we call the tinklecap a pee pee teepee.

when I took off the diapers I just kept them in place over the "firehose" and didn't remove it until the new diaper was on.......worked for me........no tinklecups like computers were available back then. either ......................

Thanks GB. And holy cow what will they think of next?! When I first learned how to change a diaper (back in the olden days!!) Mom showed me that you undo the pins, lift the front off to let the cold air hit their junk and quickly put it back down again to catch the resulting pee. Apparently its the temperature change that causes them to go again. Or so I was taught. Never been hit. I have changed a LOT of diapers too. Right from the old cloth ones you had to fold into a triangle, through the ginormous old disposable ones to the new ones that can hold about 6 gallons in each one. You just have to have a method I think.

I don't think my son ever peed on me, but he got himself pretty good a few times! I'll never forget the day he peed right into his open mouth and eyes. He wasn't sure weather to cry or not because it scared him, but DH and I were laughing so hard. :LOL::LOL::LOL: He was maybe 3 months old at the time.

And then my DD, well the first thing she did when she came out was pee all over the doctor. Not what you usually expect coming from a girl. :LOL:

Ok- I just want to interject and say that for those of you wondering how some people can not have kids, the tinkle-in-your-eye talk is NOT helping!!!:ohmy::LOL:

Ha ha I know it's just another one of those "joys" we non-moms and non-dads will never understand. :huh: LOL

:mrgreen:I may be green with envy, but you're yellow with... well never mind...

My oldest sons are 32 and 27 and they are still gross. (The 34 and 33 year old daughters haven't been gross for many years so I think it has something to do with the "junk", as Alix puts it.)

hey, those new disposable diapers come in handy let me tell you.......had a tennis game to play and the court had one small puddle of wate after and early morning rain........the roller bar was dead.......I said........Whoa.......let's get one of my son's pampers out of the car........I want you to know that that diaper soaked up that water in no time...........I was the heroine for the day........we were able to play the match and actually won....double thrill .........

Back
Top Bottom