How are you planning to celebrate Chocolate Day, July 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I just found out that Monday July 7th is chocolate day. I have this on high authority....My husband heard Alton Brown mention it and then he verified it on Google! :LOL:

Since I will be setting up for our youth conference cafe, I will probably make sure it is stocked with chocolate cookies, cupcakes, hot chocolate and cafe mochas. I might even be persuaded to make my famous white chocolate truffle tarts (sorry, can't give out the recipe because I made them in honour of one of my bride clients and according to her I am the only one allowed to make them in the whole wide world).

Have you any special chocolate plans?

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, GG! Brownies are one of the best ways I know to celebrate chocolate....I should add those to my cafe list!

Thank you for bringing this holiday to my attention, Laurie!
And to play it safe, I think I'll celebrate the 7th, too!

If you find that recipe Uncle Bob - I will send you my address - I would love one of those twuffles!

I am forced to celebrate the holiday - I will eat chocolate all day! Wash it down with a chocolate martini!

SHEESH, chocolate only gets a DAY? How about a YEAR, how about a year for milk chocolate, a year for white chocolate and a century for DARK CHOCOLATE. (yes I'm yelling)
I mean really, the Chinese give every 12th year to a RAT, and chocolate is more important than rats!
The food pyramid should have chocolate at the top. All the other candies should be below it. Then when it gets hot it melts over the other candies and that's how candy bars are born. (that's how I raised my children--to understand nutrition lol)

We have a chocolate fest here in Wisconsin.
Burlington, Wisconsin ChocolateFest 2008

And here is my recipe for my chocolate fix:
8-10 bars caramel milkyway bars
2 sticks of butter
Warm slowly--do not cook
Mix with 9 cups or one box of generic rice crispie cereal.
Pack into a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
Top with melted white chocolate w/peanut butter, or dark chocolate, or melted werther's caramels, then chocolate, or...use your imagination.
(I've made this with less milkyway bars, but added Dove symphony bars with toffee chips to make up the weight difference, any chocolate bars will probably do. I tend to have chocolate of all kinds laying *relaxing* around waiting to be made into things. God forbid any of it goes past the expiration date.)

Thanks for reading, oh, and I forgot, wine glasses dipped in dark chocolate then filled with cherry wine, are um...very good.
~Bliss

Uncle Bob, I was sure I sent you that Twuffle Recipe. Okay, I will post it today for sure.

And yes, sadly, I didn't follow up on DH and Alton and they were wrong. Chocolate Day IS the 7th. If there is an Admin around could you please change the title for me?

If you are interested, the 7th is also "Macaroni Day". The 6th is actually "Fried Chicken Day" and "Kissing Day".

I have to work tomorrow but maybe i will eat a choclate chip bagel and have a mocha latte!!!
:)

Jeez like I don't consume enough chocolate already..... how bout wine glasses dipped in dark chocolate then filled with a Blackberry wine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom