Lemon curd revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i am sure i must have had this before, just don't know when. it caught my eye when shopping on line.

my goodness it is just wonderful!!! can't wait to have it on toast. wouldn't it be great in those little pre-made filo cups?

what have you used it for?

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i am sure i must have had this before, just don't know when. it caught my eye when shopping on line.

my goodness it is just wonderful!!! can't wait to have it on toast. wouldn't it be great in those little pre-made filo cups?

what have you used it for?

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:) I've used it in tarts, fillings in cakes in mini tart shells and in mini phyllo shells just add a bit of whipped cream on top. If you love lemon it's the ultimate.

:) I've used it in tarts, fillings in cakes in mini tart shells and in mini phyllo shells just add a bit of whipped cream on top. If you love lemon it's the ultimate.

those are all good ideas, specially like the filling in cakes. this company also makes a lime curd. that should be yummy as well

couldn't wait for breakfast , had it on toast as bedtime snack. and i am off to bed now.

babe:cool:

those are all good ideas, specially like the filling in cakes. this company also makes a lime curd. that should be yummy as well

couldn't wait for breakfast , had it on toast as bedtime snack. and i am off to bed now.

babe:cool:

Of course it depends on the specifics of your lifestyle, but it is generally inadvisable to eat shortly before bedtime. I'm just noting this for the benefit of future readers who might otherwise consider it healthy and am most definitely not say anything at all about the suitability of your habits to you. If in doubt, consult your general practitioner. :)

Last edited:
I've made a "mojito" curd using lime juice and a very fine chiffonade of mint leaves. Pretty tasty!

I love curd. It's fairly easy to make too!

Back
Top Bottom