ISO sandwich machine with removable inserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
It's such a bear to clean the one we have; any idea where to look for one with removable inserts ?

This is the one I have Cuisinart Webstore Cuisinart® Griddler

Has two removable plates that are ridged on one side to grill and flat on the other side to use as griddles. YOu can close the sides together for paninis or open up the sides for eggs, pancakes, etc.

Verrrrrrrrrrry easy to clean! I wipe off the plates with paper towels when they are still warm, then either wash by hand or toss them in the dishwasher.

I'm really satisfied with this kitchen toy!

Lee

I have one of these as well, but mine came with two sets of plates rather than reversible ones.

Either way, they work great and are easy to clean as the plates are non-stick and dishwasher safe.

I've used it for chicken, quesadillas and paninis.

Oh yeah - so does mine, Andy! I was thinking about an older version of a similar appliance I had!

Lee

I have bought 3 :ohmy: vintage sandwich makers on eBay. Search eBay for "vintage waffle makers" which may have the sandwich inserts sold with the waffle maker. These old waffle makers generally came with reversible or removable plates for sandwich making. The removable sandwich plates work the best for sandwich making, rather than the reversible plates, they heat up better.

Qsis, that's very nice - it's not cheap, though. I could buy a new one every year for 10 years for what that costs.

Qsis, that's very nice - it's not cheap, though. I could buy a new one every year for 10 years for what that costs.

You asked the question.

The convenience of the removeable plates has a price. You can find them for $100. I found mine in Costco.

After looking around - online and in stores, I see that the $8 or $10 sandwich machines do not exist anymore.

I do, however, see plenty under $50 so that I what I am going to get, and let DD take the old one to work.

Thanks evreyone !

Oh, sure, I see them for $20 and up! Some are combiation waffle makers/sandwichmakers, others are panini grills.

MostlyWater,
I purchased an Emeril machine long time ago in clearance at BB and Beyond for $20. It has removable sandwich inserts and also waffle and pizzelles inserts.
It is OK, my kids use it at least once a week.

I just bought my Cuisinart Griddler last week. I printed up 20% coupons to Bed Bath & Beyond and Linens and Things and decided one of those stores will have it in stock. I got it at my first stop... L & T.... with the coupon I spent $106.

PROS: I am very happy with the fact that I can do Panini's, grill meats (like the Foreman grill), it has the two grates and flat griddle plates that are easily removed for cleaning. You can either close it to cook or leave it wide open for two flat surfaces.

CONS: It wasnt as big as I imagined it to be but it works for my boyfriend and I. I dont like how the exterior gets so hot. For example.. when using as a Panini press you have to use a potholder to make sure the top presses down evenly. If you just pull the handle down it wont create equal pressure and will smoosh/cook the food closest to the hinge more causing uneven cooking. So I have to use a potholder to level out the top as I pull down to ensure even pressure/cooking. Once I have it evenly positioned I can let go.

I guess Im happy with it. Considering its versatility and easy cleanup its OK. I mostly like it because my boyfriend has fun with it... I can get hm to cook!!! He can even CLEAN it!! LOL!!! Plus its easy to make healthier, quickie foods... less fattening.. chick breast, etc.

there is a George Forman grill 5 removeable plates ,I think it's call the G5 foreman it was on QVC show the other night.

chilichip, i don't remember why i didn't go with any of the forman grills; it could have been price.

Back
Top Bottom