Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Trivia 7/9 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/trivia-7-9-a-48031.html)

luckytrim 07-09-2008 06:58 AM

Trivia 7/9

trivia 7/9
DID YOU KNOW...
Over it's 215 mile length, there are more than 100 bridges over the Thames river in England.
1. Name the torch singer who had a big hit with Fever .
2. Can you name the three countries that border on Paraguay ?
3. What magazine gives out the "Golden Caliper" award to its "Car of the Year" winner ?
4. Who beat out FDR and Gandhi to be named TIME magazine's "Person of the Century" in 1999 ?
5. On His historic solo flight across the Atlantic, Charles Lindbergh took off from Roosevelt field in what state ?
6. Which country was forced by Britain to sign the "Boxer Protocol" after their rebellion was put down in 1901 ?
7. What famous comedian was a Congressional Medal of Honor
recipient ?
8. What Government agency's motto is "Fidelity, Integrity, Bravery" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The modern bikini got it's name from Bikini Atoll, the famous atomic test site.
1. PEGGY LEE
2. BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, bolivia
3. motor trend
4. ALBERT EINSTEIN
5. NEW YORK
6. CHINA
7. BOB HOPE
8. fbi
TRUTH !!
The two French men who "re-invented" the famous suit in 1946, were thinking it needed to be named after something tiny and "hot".
They weren't exactly two-piece pioneers, 'tho; the skimpy style dates back to ancient Roman wall paintings.

quicksilver 07-09-2008 08:00 AM

Hey, again, l.t.

#1, okay
#2, I could have, if I knew. Ha!
#3, okay, only because I watch or listen to a show on
saturdays, on PBS, called MotorWeek. And only
watch because I like the shows before and after
that.
#5, okay, because Roosevelt Field was the give away.
#6, okay
#7, so ashamed I didn't figure this one out.

Thanks, l.t. Have a good day.....

Barbara L 07-10-2008 03:13 AM

I did terribly on this one. I knew Peggy Lee sang "Fever," but I couldn't remember. The dumb thread opened at the bottom (I hate that) and the name Bob Hope flashed at me. I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway, but who knows. I hate when it starts at the bottom, as it often does now. On #2 I got Argentina, but I was guessing countries that were farther south. Anyway, I only got #s 5, 6, 8, and T or C (without guessing--I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini, but I do know about the atoll, lol).

:rolleyes:Barbara

Barbara L 07-10-2008 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver (Post 642297)
#5, okay, because Roosevelt Field was the give away.

I was pretty sure he took off from New York, but Roosevelt Field clinched it for me too. Not that I have a clue where Roosevelt Field is, but I knew that both Presidents Roosevelt were born in New York, so that sounded right.

:smile:Barbara