Chocolate Sorbet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:)I love chocolate sorbet and I make it once in a great while. My question is what if I added some heavy cream in place of some of the water would it make it a bit richer or ruin the batch? Anybody ever try it?

An Internet friend of mine substitutes milk or cream for about 1/3 of the water when she makes David Lebovitz's chocolate sorbet, and with good results.

:) Cool, I will try it

I just looked at the recipe - 1 1/2 cups water is heated with sugar and cocoa powder until boiling. Then chopped bittersweet chocolate is added and stirred until melted, and another 3/4 cup of water is mixed in - this is where she substitutes the water with cream or milk.

I just looked at the recipe - 1 1/2 cups water is heated with sugar and cocoa powder until boiling. Then chopped bittersweet chocolate is added and stirred until melted, and another 3/4 cup of water is mixed in - this is where she substitutes the water with cream or milk.
:)Thank You, my recipe uses Dutch cocoa powder but I bet the chopped chocolate makes it a bit richer. I also like to add either a coffee or almond flavor as well. You really gotta love a deep strong chocolate to appreciate this sorbet. It goes great in a baked phyllo cup with some vanilla custard/ pastry cream and a couple of caramelized banana slices.

:)Thank You, my recipe uses Dutch cocoa powder but I bet the chopped chocolate makes it a bit richer. I also like to add either a coffee or almond flavor as well. You really gotta love a deep strong chocolate to appreciate this sorbet. It goes great in a baked phyllo cup with some vanilla custard/ pastry cream and a couple of caramelized banana slices.

Sounds great. Which sorbet recipe are you using? If you'd like, I can PM the David Lebovitz recipe to you - can't have too many chocolate recipes! Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom