I'm Still Sick, But Now I Know What I Have...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, Barbs, you've reassured me............I thought the worst........oh, my, she is going to go mountain climbing somewhere with all the rest that she's gotten............:):):) you'll hopefully be over this horrible experience soon.......wished they could pinpoint what caused it in the first place..........have James do a quick looksee around the house with a flashlight to see if you have any spiders, too............I got a horrible reaction from a spider bite within 24 hours years ago and already had red streaks starting up my legs (blood poisoning) and the doc told me that they had some of the filthiest mouthparts of any arthropod around.......it wasn't cellulitis but it didn't feel great either and I still carry the scar today..........yours is cetainly a more debilitating condition........and of course you may never ever get this again.........take care and glad to hear that you are getting lots of rest........:):)

Oh Barbara! I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. I'm praying for you all the time dear. I hope you feel better soon.

I just talked to my fiance and she said avoid walking as much as you can. She also said dont put any type of pressure on it such as wrapping it, or wearing shoes and socks. Thats probably why it feels better when you wear your crocs. If you have a fever develop you need to go back to the hospital because at this point it has become a systemic infection and you will need you medications administered intraveniously. Other than that she said you will just have to tough it out.

We´re all hoping you get well soon!!

Thanks! I had to go into the living room to get something today while my husband was gone. It wasn't much longer before it was really hurting. Then my husband came home and threw something toward me (some kind of plastic container with sharp edges). He miscalculated, it bounced off the bed, and one of the sharp edges hit me right on the most tender part of my shin. I literally screamed in pain then sat sobbing for several minutes.

As I just told James, now that I look back at it, I think all the times it hurt the worst were within an hour or so of walking.

Another thing that has been going on today is irritable twinges (like someone poking me quickly with a needle) all over the affected area. I'll just be lying here, and "zap!"

It has been a week since I got this. Today was not a good day. Doctor tomorrow (finally). I just want to stop hurting.

:(Barbara
P.S. Once my fever broke over the weekend, it has been running low. My normal temperature is 97.6, but it has been around 96.7 most of the time. During my worst pain today, it was 95.9 (I've noticed with kidney stones that my temperature runs as low as 95.0 when I am in extreme pain).

Last edited:
i hope that you disinfected the area where it hit your leg with either rubbing alcohol or betadine if it broke the skin..........man, you don't need another infection on top of another one---glad to hear that you're seeing the doctor tomorrow, however, and you can also share the twinges symptoms with him---sorry you had a bad day, hon..........here's a <<<<<hug>>>>>>> for you and hope that the dr. can help you with the pain

I finally got to see the doctor. I got a shot of some high-powered anti-biotic, and she said to keep taking the ones I am on until they are gone (she renewed the Hydrocodone and I think added a new anti-biotic). I have to go back Monday for another shot. It it does not get better by Monday, I have to go to the hospital. If it is showing improvement I have to go in every day for a few days (starting Monday) for a shot. I am on complete bed rest. I can only get out of bed to go to the bathroom. She said I can put triple-antibiotic ointment or Vaseline on it to help the dryness. I am back in bed, with my leg up, and James is off to get my new medicines.

:huh:Barbara

I finally got to see the doctor. I got a shot of some high-powered anti-biotic, and she said to keep taking the ones I am on until they are gone (she renewed the Hydrocodone and I think added a new anti-biotic). I have to go back Monday for another shot. It it does not get better by Monday, I have to go to the hospital. If it is showing improvement I have to go in every day for a few days (starting Monday) for a shot. I am on complete bed rest. I can only get out of bed to go to the bathroom. She said I can put triple-antibiotic ointment or Vaseline on it to help the dryness. I am back in bed, with my leg up, and James is off to get my new medicines.

:huh:Barbara

now is the time to listen to the dr. bout bed rest. i know you like to be on the go. however you need to give it time to heal. i only say this as i know how hard it is for me to sit or lay still. this time last year had a cast on for fractured foot. hard hard to sit . got really bored. however lol

take care dear heart.
babe:LOL:

The bed rest part isn't as bad as having to keep asking James for stuff. Whoops! Dumb laptop--I accidentally hit something and it automatically posted. Anyway, I just wanted to add that I have my laptop here, so I don't have to get out of bed to give you all updates.

:) Barbara

well, we'll keep you in our thoughts and our fingers crossed that you don't go into the hospital, Barbs, your James is a sweetie........look at it this way.......you'd do the same for him without thinking twice and you'd make sure that he didn't get out of bed either wouldn't you........you'd also post all those kits and cats around his bed as sentries to snitch on him if he got up, too :):)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom