Arugula...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pot clanger

Senior Cook
....looked so good! at Farmer's Market this morning.... I also picked up cherry tomatoes (don't need any help figuring out what to do with those!) I have a recipe in my head for a salad with arugula, chicken, tomatoes, balsamic & shaved parmesan, but am hoping for a different suggestion? Happy Saturday, All...

We had two plants growing earlier this year. I'm not a big fan of agugula. Once, twice a year at most. You can use it on sandwiches too. Steak sandwich with arugula and maybe horseradish mayo?

In the spring, we grew probably 6 different kinds of lettuce, including arugula, and made a salad mix with it. You could also make a pesto with it and put the pesto on pasta: Arugula Pesto Recipe | Simply Recipes HTH.

I love arugula and use it often. Never thought about making pesto but I think I'm going to give it a try. I love basil pesto and my favorite is cilantro pesto with jalapenos. Awesome! I use arugula in salads and in making panini. A few leaves on a hot sandwich turn that sandwich into something special. I guess you can use arugula the same way you would use basil leaves.

I love arugula (and other bitter salad greens) and prefer to always include one in any green salad mix.... adds "excitement" imho.

used to get big bunches for $.50 :w00t2: from a farmer when I lived in Boston, and then, I used it instead of lettuce in my summer sandwiches. :)

tatsoi?

gezhundeit, ic.

arrugula, cannelini beans, blanched shrimp, diced celery, diced red onion, lemon, garlic, parsley, red wine vinegar, evoo.

Y'all are too good to me! Great ideas.... alas, I gave my arugula to my neighbor - have had an upset tum for two days now. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow - now it's just probiotics for me...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom