Dinner tonight Thursday, July 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
What's anyone else makin?

BuckyTom spoke of meatloaf yesterday and I liked the idea. I already know DH loves meatloaf but my only question is, which one to make. With all the recipes posted on here and everywhere else, I am undecided, but do have all the meat needed, I know that for sure.
I've decided on something in here but for now, I think I'm settling on the PP one.
I'll be working the next several days so he'll have leftovers if need be. I don't want to pair it with the typical mashed spuds cause I did those yesterday. I'll do the buttered noodles with parm cheese, garlic, sour cream, butter and rosemary salt and pepper. The hubster also loves glazed carrots with butter, honey, Lyle's, brown sugar, cinnamon salt and pepper. Dessert will be treats that I still have to make for my weekend advent.

Happy Thursday to you all..................

Last edited:
I have leftover pork tenderloin, beef tenderloin, burrito/taco/nacho fixin's.... so it's leftovers tonight!

I am finally going to do DD's birthday dinner from June 24 when she was in the hospital having her appendix removed.

Butterflied flank steak stuffed with mushrooms, lemon zest, goat cheese, green onions and fresh bread crumbs. I will make a spinach salad with egg, bacon and organic raw seeds. For dessert I am thinking chocolate molten puddings....except I have to tried out cappuccino cupcakes for my wedding cake coming up so if they work that just might have to do!

Last edited:
I really don't know.
It's storming now, we'll have to see how the rest of the day pans out.

DH is going to barbeque steaks which I already marinated in a red wine marinade I got on the DC site. I'm making baked potatoes and eggplant parmesan to go with it.

my handyman is here. if he stays for dinner. i will make breakfast, hash browns, eggs and sausage. sourdough wheat toast.

if he is not here, probably a frozen dinner. got to many irons in the fire for more than those things.

babe:chef:

Not sure, hubby has been sick with some sort of stomach virus and the smell of food makes him sick to his tummy.

I have a feeling that I will be fixing something really bland or just cooking for myself!

Some sort of pan roasted or sauteed or something veggies; grilled or poached
catfish with a roasted red pepper yogurt sauce and rice.
Still contemplating...

cheeseburgers .. i have been dying for one all week ...
who knows what else ..

A Cold Beer....It was hot today!!!
A quick little Shrimp & Okra Gumbo....The fresh Okra & Tomaotes from the garden were talking to me.
A big bowl of yellow squash...
A big bowl of green beans...
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced onion
2 pods of fresh cayenne pepper
Oh, and I fried a few pieces of Catfish....:whistling

I need to report that I had to sneak a taste of Paul Prudholmms cajun meatloaf when it first came out of the oven. My report is: it's stupid good.................
I have a burned mouth but dang, that is wonderful stuff...so glad I decided to attempt it as it's been on my mind a very long time..............much like Skyline Chili

Back
Top Bottom