Awesome Tailgating Appetizer - Spicy Sausage Balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orlando521

Assistant Cook
Spicy sausage balls and you dip them into ranch or blue cheese dressing. :pig:

Not enough info. Please elaborate.

What is a sausage ball?
What kind of sausage. Italian, spanish, breakfast?
Home ground? What spices. Etc., etc.

Spicy Sausage Balls

3 Cups - Pancake mix
1 Lbs. - spicy pork sausage
4 Cups - shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup - parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp.- dried roseary
1/2 tsp. -parsley
1 Tbl.- crushed red peppers
2Tbl. tabasco sauce

heat oven to 350
greased cookie sheet

Mix ingredients by hand, then make 1 inch balls and bake on cookie sheet for 20 - 25 min.

Let cool and serve with your favorite Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.

Its texture is supposed to be more like a biscuit, a little crumbley with the sausage and spices infused in the ball.

I have had those. Not sure if the recipe is the same. It had breakfast sausage in it. For a dip, my friend used maple syrup mixed with dijon mustard and maybe a little soy sauce.

I've had those, quite good. Thanks for the recipe. (Some folks like to dip them in apple sauce)

The recipes I've used and seen only use 2 cups of Bisquick for the same amount of sausage and cheese. Might be worth doing a little research on before adding 3 cups of pancake mix. I'm not saying anything is wrong with your recipe orlando - just saying that it's more dry ingredients that is normally called for. Hopefully you will come back and let us know the texture/consistency of them to ease our tiny, little minds ;):chef:

I'm going to try this without the spicy. I'm more a fan of sage sausage and not a fan of spicy. We used to be able to buy sausage balls, but not any more :( I miss them being premade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom