Children's game idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B'sgirl

Sous Chef
Many of the adults in my church are assigned to help run different programs. My assignment is to help run all of the children's classes. That involves teaching a short lesson to a large group of kids once a month (grouped ages 4-8 and 9-11).

I need a good analogy for an object lesson. I'm trying to think of a game or activity that children like where the more children there are, the more fun it is. The point, in a nutshell, is to help them understand that sharing the good things you know is better than keeping it all to yourself. (i.e., you can't play jump rope alone, but I need a game that involves lots of people).

Any game ideas would be very helpful.

musical chairs? (you're never too old for that one!)

or what about that game called "telephone"? It's no fun with just a couple of people!

Cat & mice
Balloon races - two teams of children and they have to pass the balloon down the line - for even more fun - no hands.
Chinese whispers

Depending on how many kids are involved, you can have them spit into groups of all age ranges and give them a list of clues to find...

Example, when we go camping we make a list of things to find...a red rock, a piece of bark that isn't on a tree, a yellow flower...You can either tell them exactly what to find, or give them clues to the object (a little round living creature that is red with black polkadots..then they would need to find a lady bug). This is great if you would have a lesson on the things that are created by God (or what ever your religion would be).

Back
Top Bottom