Trivia 7/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/21

DID YOU KNOW...
When it comes to kitchen measurements.......
The Australian tablespoon is 20 ml.
The British tablespoon is 17.7 ml.
The American tablespoon is actually 14.2 ml.
The Canadian tablespoon is 15 ml .

1. What's the primary building material used in the Taj Mahal ?
2. What was the name of John the Baptist's mother ?
3. In what type of institution was The Facts of Life set ?
4. In which U.S. city is the Sears Tower located ?
5. Who was the first child movie star to earn a million dollars ?
(Hint; it was in the 1920's)
6. Who's second album was titled Oops! I did it Again ?
7. Where did Ferdinand Marcos live after being exiled from his native Philippines ?
8. How long is one lap around the Indianapolis Speedway ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
It's against the law to pump your own gas in two of the fifty states.
1. GRANITE
2. elizabeth
3. girl's boarding school 4. CHICAGO
5. JACKIE COOGAN
6. BRITNY SPEARS
7. hawaii
8. TWO AND A HALF MILES
TRUTH !!
If you visit Oregon or New Jersey, don't bother getting out of your car when you pull into a gas station. Because of safety concerns, there are no self-serve pumps in these states.
The possibility of lifting the ban has come before both state senates, but without success.

If you visit Oregon or New Jersey, don't bother getting out of your car when you pull into a gas station. Because of safety concerns, there are no self-serve pumps in these states.

The possibility of lifting the ban has come before both state senates, but without success.

I used to think that was the most idiotic thing in the world. After living in Oregon for a while, it kind of grows on you . . . especially with the amount of rain we get =)

Good evening, lt.

Trivia, I bet a man thought that up, just to keep us in the kitchen scratching our heads!!! Ha!

#1 - I thought marble
#2 - I'm old, but not that old!
#3, 4, & 7 okay!
TRUTH - I knew 1/2 'cause me's a Jersey girl. When I
moved down here, I sat in the truck waiting for someone to come & pump. Boy, did I look silly!
Full serve used to cost a couple cents a gallon more, and only a few local stations offered that. I don't know if it's still more for full serve, but with gas prices, I'm sure alot of people have learned to pump their own, and got there hands alittle dirty. Ha! They all make you prepay too.

Thanks, and have a good night.

I thought of stone for #1 but not the specific one (Granite wouldn't have come to mind, I'm sure). I said "US" for #7, but didn't think of the obvious state. So, I got #s 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and T or C. I knew about New Jersey but guessed that there might be another. One of our local stations pumps for you, at no extra charge, and their prices are comparable to the others in the area (often cheaper). They are selling the business, which I hate! I asked when they will close, and they said they would stay open until it sells.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom